What's up with the visit to Klipschland?

Colin

Thanks, Dick for that verbose acknowledgment of the obvious. My native Louisianians have a knack for tact!

Anyway, will you guys have a tour of the plant? The last time I was in Hope, a couple of years ago, I was given a hearty handshake and the key to the Klipsch museum. That was interesting, but...

I toured the plant twice in the late 70's/early 80's, with the last tour including the R&D facility where they had just constructed the new anechoic chamber. The chamber has a 4-ton door (watch them fangers!) designed for testing the corner horn (hm? go figure.)

Back then, only one or two types of speakers were constructed on certain days, and each speaker was hand-carried from process to process.

Have a great time, and hopefully get some photos to share (one thing I didn't do.)

------------------

Shreveport is a Mardi Gras wannabe....

Come south for the big kahuna in New Orleans. Or for something more quaint, try the smaller crowds in Lafayette (only about a half million) or the cool horse runs in Mamou, or the wooden boat parades in Madisonville....

or in New Roads on False River...

Down here, school is closed and the post office doesn't deliver mail on Fat Tuesday!

If everyone else is smart enough to fly, then I think Doug and I get the "longest drive" award! 1300 miles, according to Mapquest. Hmmmm...

My original plans were to fly, but what the heck... it's a road trip. Besides, I need room to bring back those three new Heresy II's! (Before someone asks... No, no factory sales or killer deals - it just seems like a fun idea to buy them in Akansas)

"On the road again, just can't wait..." (And no Doug, I won't sing in the van)

Just a short travel note for those who are dirving. The forecast is for rain - up to 2 inches on Thursday and into Friday. The rain is heading NE at latest look toward Little Rock and Memphis...

Drive Carefully and see you there.

------------------

Richard Hemmings

• Klipsch Employees

Hey everyone,

just a note to let you know how things are going. Steve and Becky made it in.(1:00am)

I have seen Doug and Ross. When I saw how good they are with a 2 wheeler I thought we had new help in the shipping dept.... They made the trip and were taking pictures in the rain when I found them.

This should be really cool.....

------------------

Trey Cannon

Technical Support

Klipsch Audio Technologies

• Like 1