What's up with the visit to Klipschland?

Colin

• Klipsch Employees

WHAT A DAY.

A full post is to come.

for now here is a little of what we did.

First we went on a tour of the Klipsch Audio museum.

Then a visit with Mr.& Mrs. Paul W Klipsch.

After that lunch a look at the Klipsch theater. (I think Paul enjoyed that as much as anyone)

I am sure that there will be a few post on the subject soon.

------------------

Trey Cannon

Technical Support

Klipsch Audio Technologies

• Like 1

Well, its mid-February. Just returned from Hope trip without drowning. (2 inches of rain fell while I drove to Hope this morning). Will post details later. Suffice it to say it was a great trip - more than any of us expected! With great thanks to all the people who put this together, Trey, Phil, Josh, Jim, Bob G., the Klipsches, and who knows how many other people. Its great to be a customer of a company who (and I use the personal intentionally) know how to excite their customers.

------------------

Richard Hemmings

Though I was not able to be present, I understand the visit to Hope was a good time. Speaking for Klipsch, we thank all who made this pilgrimage and we promise to welcome you again. We would be willing to make this an annual event.

Please provide feedback as to how we can provide the most enjoyable and worthwhile experience. We love all of you.

An annual event?!?!?!?

Well, I'll have to start making plans for that. I would've liked to have gone, but I was just there in August and the timing just wasn't right for me this time. I stopped by the plant just to see it. It was a Saturday, so everything was closed. I would definitely be interested next year!

I just got back a few hours ago. The trip was GREAT! It was beyond our wildest dreams! We got our pictures made with Mr. Paul. Miss Valerie is sweetest grandmother you'd ever want and a great hostess. She practically worships Mr. Paul. Trey, Matt, PhilH, Jim Hunter and everybody we met at Klipsch were Class Acts! We got several nice souvenirs. And we spent quite some time with the Jubilees. They are smoother than the K-horn and very powerful. I think they will further the "Legend".

Pictures at 11.

John

John

Echoing a post from Steve P on another thread... one word:

AWESOME!

As with others, more to follow after some sleep. But for those of you not in attendance, it will be impossible to convey to you the feeling of being at this event - the warmth, humor, consideration, and kindness exhibited by all involved made this a truly outstanding human experience. This was not some typical corporate grandstanding event! This one was from the heart!!

Doug

Doug you certainly captured my feelings with your post. It was a truly awesome human experience. Trey Cannon, Jim Hunter, Phil Hatch and Paul & Valerie Klipsch are indeed class acts. Their warmth and hospitality are without equal. I will attempt to gets some of my pictures posted somewhere for everyone to see.

Bill J.

Hi guys,

The trip was amazing! For me, at least, it could be compared to a pilgrimage

to Mecca for a Moslem, but we actually got to neat Mohammed!

The hospitality was incredible and totally beyond anything I could have

imagined. This would have to have been a once in a lifetime event. It just

could not be done again!

Thank you Klipsch LLC biggrin.gif

Al K.

After all the comments so far there's not much left to say. But it was great to meet "the man " himself. And his wife is a really gracious hostess. A salute to all who put the "jamboree" on. And to those who attended - thanks you were a great group with whom to share the experience.

------------------

Richard Hemmings

Alrighty, now! A bit of rest after 1280 miles and I'm feeling a bit human again. I'm pleased to report that Doug Drake and his lovely wife are still speaking to me after that long in a van - that's a good sign!

This trip took an impressive amount of effort on the part of the Klipsch people, both the corporation and the founder (an his delightful wife!). As I shared with the group in Hope, I felt almost embarrassed with the hospitality they showed us. I had expected that Klipsch, if they were tolerant if us visitors (invaders?), might humor us with a tour of the museum. I had no idea that they would extend themselves to the extent they did!! Instead of feeling like a customer who was being tolerated, I felt like a long-lost relative visiting family. It was that warm a reception! I was truly touched.

I owe personal thank-you letters to Paul and Valerie Klipsch, Trey Cannon, Jim Hunter and Phil Hatch. Thanks also go to Joshua, Matt, Roy Delgado, and the rest of the Klipsch employees who welcomed us and took time out of their schedules for us. And I haven't forgotten that this trip wouldn't have been possible without the efforts of the exceptionally friendly and faithful members of this forum - the "Klipsch family."

Thank you, all.

Ross

BTW - I've begun uploading photos into a public album on Yahoo. Please check back for photos, as it may be several days before they're all uploaded (with my narrowband connection... yuck!)

I just want to let all you guys who went on the trip to Hope know that I really had fun and you all made me feel like part of the gang. The Klipsch's are priceless people and I know you will all agree that it was just fantastic to meet them. To anyone who didn't make it....YOU MISSED IT !!!!!s> Thanks to Jim, Matt, Roy, and Trey (especially Trey) for all the kindness and for putting up with us.

It certainly was a thrill for me to meet all of you! I shared in the goosebumps being in Paul and Valerie's house too...I think they enjoyed it as much as we all did! I can't wait to see the group picture taken of all of us in their home when they post it on www.hopestar.com I hope this lays the groundwork for many other "pilgrimages" in future years. I told my wife that this wasn't just a "guy thing" (thanks for coming "Mystery Guest," you are now a veteran flyer) and that she needs to join the club on future outings...

Hey Ross, I'm dying to see that picture that attests to the extreme high efficiency of the Heresy II's you bought....

PhilH

Yeah, Phil, I tried to upload the picture to this site but the 20kb limit put a halt to that plan! I'll have it in the Yahoo album in a bit.

What Phil referred to was the hotel stereo we had in Hope. I couldn't wait to try out my new speakers, so I opened up the bedside clock radio and ran the speaker wires to a Heresy. Although the cheapo clock radio didn't provide the cleanest source, it was surprisingly loud and full. There was an annoying sound that intermittently came and went, but I realized that was just country music... tongue.gif

Anyway, we had a lot of fun!

Ross