Are rf-7's the best

AZNracerx1989

Wow!

Only you can answer that. What I mean is that at that price point there are many competitors out there. On this website you will find people more slanted toward Klipsch product.

However talking just Klipsch. You can get a set of new RF-7's for around $1,600. For that price you could also get a set of Heratige Klipsch that may sound better to you.

Good Luck!

Other brands sure: Paradigm, B & K, for new. Altec, JBL for vintage.

IMHO, I think that once you are done courting all the other brands you will be back staring dreamily at a large blonde horn loaded RF7 with 2 vibrating copper 10" woofers.

Tempted already aren't ya. 9.gif

At the $2K-$3K price point nothing touches them -- except maybe a nice pair of Vandersteens or VMPS ribbons. However, you lose the advantages found in high sensitivity. If I have $2K to spend on speakers -- I'm buying the RF-7s. Now, an alternative is a clean set of used Klipschorns -- definitely the next level.

Best is a personal term not easily defined by others.....

I better question might be ...

What is the RF-7 competition on the market...and what are your opinions....

I listened to a bunch of speakers before buying mine....did my research....etc etc ...

and decided the RF7 were for me based on my listening tests....desired look of speaker....price...etc etc....

Good luck with your choice...I know it is a hard one

I own many Heritage and Professional Klipsch models including KP-201's, KP-250's, KI-362's(which incidentally caused me to sell my 1994 LaScalla's) due to the KI-362's massive midrange horn lense coupled to a 1.5 inch titanium driver and it's 1 inch titanium tweeter and 4 pairs of Heresy II's, 1 pair of original Chorus and last but not least 4-pairs of RF-7's and I love the RF-7's every bit as much as my Heritage models-they are very hard to beat for the price-I actually think Klipsch underpriced the RF-7. The RF-7 could chew up and spit out my old KLF-30's!

Listend to RF-7's, shopped around, listend to RF-7's, shopped around, went back and listend again, and pulled out the wallet! It depends on what you listen to, and how you listen to it. Soft Jazz and Classical at a volume level that will keep the wife happy? Go buy some Monitor Silver, or dump a little more a get their Gold Series. Many of my friends that keep their nuts in their wifes hand bags have very, very nice monitor systems. Very nice!

I on the other hand run my house. And when I don't want to here what she has to say, I turn it up! Past loud! Some Rev. Horton Heat shuts her up quick! And the RF-7's just keep giving and giving! Screaming for more!

If you are going to Rock out with your c*** out, go with the RF-7's!!!!

But you don't have to pay full price, everyone is right! Around $800.00 bucks, which leaves room for the new CD's, some great classic vinyl and alot of beer!!!

----------------

On 10/14/2004 9:25:21 PM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 10/13/2004 9:35:49 AM AZNracerx1989 wrote:

Are rf=7's the best for its price?

----------------

Yes.

----------------

Ed, are we on the same page, apples to apples in two channel? New 7's for 2K vs used Khorns or perhaps four CW's.

Regards,

Terry

PS: Yeh, yeh, I know I'm one of Dean's "Heritage Bigots"

tc

As I replied to someone else about 7's - here is my take.

RF 7's 1,400 + or - whereas if you were to buy

RB 75's 1,200 + 600 for a sub= to equal the bass of the 7's......

JM 2 CENTS worth...........

My self- I guess I am also a Heritage Bigot........I.love my Fortes!