Are rf-7's the best

AZNracerx1989

First of all, I think Hardhitter's reply was on point and extremely eloquent. If you want to play your music loud enough to make your ears bleed and impress people, than there's nothing better than the RF7's. Their efficiency is ridiculous and anyone who's ever heard Klipsch speakers knows all too well how loud they are, because they usually end up buying them. As soon as I have the disposable income to afford a pair of RF7's, I'm buying them. I say go with the 7's and make sure you have a good amp.

Keep it real.

• Like 1

----------------

On 10/16/2004 6:04:24 PM Iceman wrote:

First of all, I think Hardhitter's reply was on point and extremely eloquent. If you want to play your music loud enough to make your ears bleed and impress people, than there's nothing better than the RF7's. Their efficiency is ridiculous and anyone who's ever heard Klipsch speakers knows all too well how loud they are, because they usually end up buying them. As soon as I have the disposable income to afford a pair of RF7's, I'm buying them. I say go with the 7's and make sure you have a good amp.

Keep it real.
----------------

My, I don't know ...I guess.

I run my Cornwall mod's from 118-121db.

Seems kind'a real to me........

TC

IB slammin wrote:

Edwinr wrote:

Are rf=7's the best for its price?

----------------

Yes.

----------------Ed, are we on the same page, apples to apples in two channel? New 7's for 2K vs used Khorns or perhaps four CW's.

Regards,

Terry

PS: Yeh, yeh, I know I'm one of Dean's "Heritage Bigots"

tc

----------------

Awwww! Terry. You got me there. 14.gif Now I was only trying to be open minded here. I was also trying to not to let my well known Heritage prejudices assert themselves. So now that you've nailed me to the wall I should qualify my remark. The RF-7's are easily the best speakers on the market, bar none, in their price range (and way beyond it in fact) IF you want a brand spanking new pair of loudspeakers. Now IF you wished to consider a used loudspeaker, the same money would get you into an awesome pair of Klipschorns, or Belles, or LaScala's, or even Cornwalls!

How's that for a backflip. I should be a politician!

• 2 weeks later...

IB Slammin writes..

"My, I don't know ...I guess.

TC"

I had an excellent opportunity to, ahem, demonstrate the power of the awesome Cornwalls just last week. My college age assistant is studying a unit on the brain and senses in biological sciences. She asks what are 'decibels' and how much does it take to damage our hearing. She gets her little chart out. Avg home at 40, street scene at 80, rock concert 120.. etc. I say, step into my office Janel (cos that's her name, Janel) allow me to demonstrate. Of course I've just set up my system in new home with Yammie 2400, so still have the dB meter on a stand ready for action.

We start with soft music at 70 db or so, go to 80 db, explain how THIS is probably how you should normally listen in ya don't want long term damage. Switch to Led Zep DVD, crank it to 90, Janel sez, This is more like it!, wherein I explain that this volume long term might hurt the hair cells in the inner ear. Then on to 100, 110, 120, finally 126 before the sound just start breaking up a bit. (that's loudest I've had Corns) HER EYES ARE BIG AS SAUCERS- she can't believe that it could sound this loud, yet so clear. Lesson for the day, get good grades, learn to make a buck, save those bucks for stuff you care about, like your music system. ROCK YOUR FRIENDS BRAINS OUT! I think Janel was impressed! Thus ends the lesson for the day!

Michael

----------------

On 10/28/2004 9:38:41 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

IB Slammin writes..

"My, I don't know ...I guess.

TC"

I had an excellent opportunity to, ahem, demonstrate the power of the awesome Cornwalls just last week. My college age assistant is studying a unit on the brain and senses in biological sciences. She asks what are 'decibels' and how much does it take to damage our hearing. She gets her little chart out. Avg home at 40, street scene at 80, rock concert 120.. etc. I say, step into my office Janel (cos that's her name, Janel) allow me to demonstrate. Of course I've just set up my system in new home with Yammie 2400, so still have the dB meter on a stand ready for action.

We start with soft music at 70 db or so, go to 80 db, explain how THIS is probably how you should normally listen in ya don't want long term damage. Switch to Led Zep DVD, crank it to 90, Janel sez, This is more like it!, wherein I explain that this volume long term might hurt the hair cells in the inner ear. Then on to 100, 110, 120, finally 126 before the sound just start breaking up a bit. (that's loudest I've had Corns) HER EYES ARE BIG AS SAUCERS- she can't believe that it could sound this loud, yet so clear. Lesson for the day, get good grades, learn to make a buck, save those bucks for stuff you care about, like your music system. ROCK YOUR FRIENDS BRAINS OUT! I think Janel was impressed! Thus ends the lesson for the day!

Michael
----------------

Bill, (Michael) careful with the Interns2.gif

Also, the CW K-33 are known to jump out of the gap at around 121db8.gif

Regards,

Terry

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 10/30/2004 6:12:18 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

It's the same two gals who worked for me in the small town where I used to live. There they were HS cheerleaders. Now they're all GROWN UP, over 18 and COLLEGE GRRRRLLLSSS!

wwwoooohhhoooo

Michael

----------------

Sounds like FFUUUNNNN9.gif

----------------

On 10/30/2004 6:39:31 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 10/30/2004 6:12:18 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

It's the same two gals who worked for me in the small town where I used to live. There they were HS cheerleaders. Now they're all GROWN UP, over 18 and COLLEGE GRRRRLLLSSS!

wwwoooohhhoooo

Michael

----------------

Sounds like FFUUUNNNN
9.gif

----------------

I have been jailed for less!!!

Have fun.

TC

Aww crap Charles, it's hard to keep 'em straight. They all sound so bad anyways I don't think it matters what horn you put in what speaker. :)

I suppose I really need to learn something about these damn things if I'm going to build networks for them. Yeesh. Hey, I could barely keep my eyes open last night when I posted that!

----------------

On 10/31/2004 12:40:24 AM DeanG wrote:

Slammin is fibbing anyways -- he doesn't even have Cornwalls. Well, they sort of look like Cornwalls -- but then he went and screwed them all up by mounting tornado sirens on top of them!
----------------

Deano is starting to sound like my wife!9.gif

----------------

RF 7's 1,400 + or -

----------------

I'd say that's more plus than minus. 2.gif Where the heck are you finding these 'deep discount' authorized dealers? The Rochester dealer sells them for about $2200-2300 a pair, last I checked.

After spending a few minutes listening to RF-7's there, I think of them as a speaker that was specifically designed to be complimented by either an RSW-12 or RSW-15... not much bottom end impact, IMO. So add at least another $1000 to the price for true 'full range' reproduction when speaking of absolute value.

----------------

On 10/31/2004 10:08:24 AM Cleve wrote:

I'd say that's more plus than minus.
2.gif
Where the heck are you finding these 'deep discount' authorized dealers? The Rochester dealer sells them for about $2200-2300 a pair, last I checked.

After spending a few minutes listening to RF-7's there, I think of them as a speaker that was specifically designed to be complimented by either an RSW-12 or RSW-15... not much bottom end impact, IMO. So add at least another $1000 to the price for true 'full range' reproduction when speaking of absolute value.

----------------

Some RF-7s owners on this forum have purchased their RF-7s for as little as $1400, and I've heard the range go to about $1800. Maybe its the case that some Midwest dealers are willing to discount them more, or simply put, the Rochester dealer is overpricing them .

As for the lack of bass response, I disagree. However, with RF-7s, it is largely dependent upon amplification. Do not expect RF-7 bass response from a HT receiver, no matter the rating. Quality separate amplification with RF-7s removes the necessity of a subwoofer. I would venture to guess that your impression of RF-7s run off of your glowing blue dials would be vastly different from your experience at the Rochester dealer. Therefore, while a sub may be necessary for HT, a RF-7 owner does not need a sub for running two-channel, again if quality amplification is used.

Carl.