Pioneer Elite DV47A universal player-Anyone have this unit

synthfreek

I can score a mint one for $200 and it seems to be of better quality than the Samsung and Panasonic at Best Buy. Anyone hear this thing? Want it primarily for 2-channel sacd and dvd-a. Would probably replace my xbox as dvd source as well so I guess the picture quality is importatnt as well.

I own the DV-47Ai, which has the firewire audio connection (i-Link) that gives you LFE Bass Management for DVDs and DVD-A. But, you'll need a receiver capable of utilizing the i-Link connection. Regardless, if this is indeed an "i" model it is an epecially nice find! Good luck!

I assume you're talking about the older model. If so I won this unit and can give you a big nod on how good it sounds. I also own a Denon 2200 which is a newer machine. The Pioneer has a better picture where the Denon has more saturated colors. Sound wise they both sound great. The Denon is rated higher but I think the Pioneer is its equal and forget about the Chroma bug. The people who can see it are the same people who can hear the difference when someone changes speaker cable. I paid 700.00 for mine new 2 years ago. 200.00 is a great buy. The Phillips is not in the same league.