KLF 30 vs Chorus II vs Cornwall vs RF 7

scotbuck

Here is my 2 cents: I've owned Cornwall I's, Cornwall II's, K-Horns, Heresy's, Forte's, and have listened to Chorus speakers. They all have similar sound. For me my K-horns sound the best and are the most dynamic. The most prolific upgrade was when I built my own ALK crossovers. I was then able to play with the output of the drivers to meet my personal tastes. One of the things that we don't really talk about is how damn cool and retro looking the K-horns are. They are simple and elegant looking. Yes they are enormous but because they are corner speakers they don't seem to take up much room. Even my wife likes them and appreciates what they can do.

IMHO all Klipsch speakers need a sub to really get the most out of them. A sub simply adds depth and fills in the bottom end to make the music ever dynamic and beautiful sounding. In all fairness there are so many factors when comparing speakers that there is really no best sounding speakers. Your ears are your guide and will not let you down.

I think the Forte may be one of the most underrated Klipsch speakers. It does so many things well and with a sub it sounds wonderful and doesn't require corners and an enormous room for setup like the Cornwall.

For rear speakers in a HT setup you can't beat the Heresy. Mate a pair of Heresys with a sub and you have a great system for little moola. As far as tube amps go I think they are not worth the trouble. I've owned vintage tube amps, newer Chinese amps and several SS amps. I personally like my 5 channel Sherbourn the best of all. Plus I have 5 channels for Stereo, SACD, DVD-A and HT. Tubes are fun to play with but that gets old real fast. For those of you who are hardcore and have not experienced the newer formats you are missing out on an incredible leap in technology that will transform you thin sounding CD's to an envelop of rich and warm sound. The bass extension on these new formats (most) is incredible plus there is a high-end extension and dynamics that is not present on most CD's.

I have to concur with Innovative, the Forte' is a fabulous speaker. I owned my first pair from (bought new) '88-'00 trading them only to upgrade to a pair of Belle's from a local dealer. I recently added another pair of Khorn's to my HT and my '62 Corn II's did not fit well into my setup (size wise), I was going step down to Heresy's but they do not have much bass response below ~50Hz. I found a pair of Forte's locally and picked them up, it had been about 4 years since I had heard a pair. I had to replace the tweeter diaphrams since they were both dead. I did a little listening last night and can say that the Forte' is more detailed in the high end and better balanced across the spectrum than the vertical Cornwall II's which was quite suprising to me. What a tremendous little speaker, they blend perfectly with the rest of my Heritage big boys.

If you want Cornwall performance and then some in a small package you must give the Forte' a listen.

I think all the speakers KLF-30's, RF-7's, Chorus II's, and Cornwalls are all stunning in there own way. It all comes down to your ears and listening preferences as to which would work best for you.