dared preamp

hammerin

I'm curious...why do you say that, Craig? Just because it's made in China, or that it has a stupid car alarm remote? Or that it doesn't have point-to-point wiring, or looks too futuristic? It can't be that bad...it's tube rectified, extremely simple and straightforward, and I'm sure it probably sounds better than some upscale SS preamps out there.

I'm not tryin' to bust yer chops, but I just wanna know why you're so dead-set against it. If it sounds anything like my bro's Dared VP-16 6V6-based PP integrated amp, then it must sound pretty damn good IMO.

Please don't be hatin'...12.gif

Guest Anonymous

I have owned 2 of them, put a mullard gz30 for recitfier, and 2 mullard military 12at7's and you have a GREAT pre-amp, Craig, you never heard mine.

Steve,

I have heard this preamp a number of times with NOS choice tubes and it sucks. Its greatest feature is its remote for those types that have to have one. You might just as well buy a passive with a remote it at least wouldn't get in the way of the music.

Craig

radiob,

When idling at normal listening volumes, approx 90Db, with the Blueberry and Wright Mono 10s, I can hear absolutely nothing with my ear pressed against the grill cloth of the Klipschorns. Now that is QUIET!!!!3.gif

Every SS amp I ever used had hiss at idle with the Khorns.

Rick

I am trying to use the Blueberry with a large 600 watt/ch amp and 89db speakers, with the phono I have to use alot of gain, it is very noisey at low volumes. I just orderd a Acoustech PHD phono stage. I do have some rare vintage NOS mullards, and tel.Dia mark tubes for the phono in the blueberry, if anyone is iterested, let me know, Ill sell them cheap. They are, matched pair NOS 1964 Mullard 12AT7,Matched Pair Telfunken 12AT7 Diamond NOS,Mullard 12AX7 cv4004 boxplate NOS, Telefunken 12AX7 smoothplate NOS . I paid around 350.00 for them all, I can seperate, 40cents on dollar.

What cartridge are you using ? Something is wrong here I wouldn't buy a new phono stage just yet ! I may take those tubes off you though but first lets work this phono stage problem out. You may want to keep the tubes once you have figured out the problem.

Craig