Anyone seen/heard the new synergy series speakers?

ARPRINCE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it wierd of me that my skin crawls when i think that the company stooped to selling stuff at best buy??

it used to be that you had to go to a high end shop to get klipsch speakers and now.................

its like mercedes benz puts out an econo box, ya its a benz, but???

jay

But what if this fattens Klipsch's bottom line and makes it possible for good Reference and Heritage gear to still be made available? I don't think any of us would argue with that.

Same thing with the Porsche Cayenne - HUGE margin, mass appeal - but if the new 911 (997) is any indication of what money can do to a company - I'm all for it.

It's a sad thing when a company has to launch into the budget range, But you have to pay the bills and keep the cash flowing and entry level product can do it, But when it is done right it can be quite fruitfull for the company

In fact a lot of companys do it to attract people to the brand in the hope that when they trade up to something bigger when the $$ are available, Many companys do it and do it very well and ensure long term viability by gaining a loyal following of clientelle who will look upon the brand they already own when it comes time to upgrade, It is well know that well over 65% of people will stick with the same brand if they have been happy with the product and has worked the way they expected it to work.

If the Synergy range is done well, developed right with decent sound with good reliability, Then it can't be a bad thing to ensure your own long term future and loyal customer for many years to come.

eh mercededes benz makes everything to the maybach 63 ($350,000) to the A class in Europe ($20,000) it just depends on the market. Hey Mercedes will not send a six cylinder s class over while in europe there the best sellers. here in america we only get the 430 and 500 and 55 as v8. While the europeans get the s320 and even diesel. again its just what a big company does, makes all products for all people.

----------------

On 11/7/2004 3:59:28 AM Spanky wrote:

In fact a lot of companys do it to attract people to the brand in the hope that when they trade up to something bigger when the $$ are available,

If the Synergy range is done well, developed right with decent sound with good reliability, Then it can't be a bad thing to ensure your own long term future and loyal customer for many years to come.

----------------

That's exactly right! It's all about brand name recognition. Before Klipsch entry into BB, how many people (extcluding we enthusiasts) knew the Klipsch name at all? In fact Klipsch's decision to market in this fashion partially resulted from the success in the market with their excellent Promidia line of computer speakers. Now, far more people have heard of Klipsch. In fact the fellow that bought my Ref 3 series stuff when I upgraded to the 7 series, first heard about Klipsch at BB. The salesman happened to mention that Klipsch had a higher end line called Reference that they didn't handle, so this guy decided to do some homework and found he could buy used References for the same as new Synergies. That was a wise decision on his part, and benefited both of us. OBTW, he is now a good friend, and will probably buy my 7 series if and when I upgrade to the Primiers.

JR

• Klipsch Employees

OK,

As a Synergy team member I want to say a few things.

1. We have had product in Best Buy for a long time.

2. By placing our home products in to BB we give people that may never have a chance to hear Klipsch that chance.

3. IF you take the time to listen to the new Synergy line you will find that we did a fine job on them. They look good and sound better than anything else on the BB show floor.

4. Question: How can you have your name seen 145 Mil. times each week and sell product at the same time.

Answer: Have you name in the BB flyer each week and on their sales floor.

5. Yes the F3 looks like the RF-35. That is because it is the SF3 update, Which was the RF3 that moved into the Synergy line. BUT it sounds better than the RF3. AND if you will notice, it is only $50 more than the RF3 was. Good improvement with little price change....MOST buyers like that type of thing.

SO, Get off your HIGH HORSE and go listen. Maybe even buy some and take them home to listen. If you are looking for a great sounding system on a small budget you will find it in the Synergy line.

BTW: We (Klipsch) chose to work with BB we did not have to. Their people are some of the most eager to learn about our product that I have seen in a long time. They may not know it all, but most of them want to and do care. We even have a few of them on this forum. Some that have went on to start their own CO.

16.gif

Synergy specs again? F-3 larger horn over RF-35, 6.5" to 6". Lower freq response F-3 35hz RF-35 37hz. Both have dual 8" woofers, one's front ported the others rear ported. Not sure if this matters but the dimensions of the F-3 are larger than the RF-35 and they are 6 lbs heavier. Just posting comparisons not saying which ones better.

Craig

• Klipsch Employees

The subs are on the way...

Not sure the date.

There are up and downs to each....the RF unit comes in black and cherry.

F3 is black only.

The parts in the Reference line are better.

BB has many more locations, making them more easy to find.

I think you would be happy with either one.

Guest larouchea

Hey everyone,

Trey gave me the heads up that this thread was alive on the forum so I thought I would put my coin in the coin-purse.

I am Andre LaRouche I havent posted much, mostly cause I was busy designing the Synergy line that just launched at BBY. I am the Acoustic Design Engineer for the synergy launch team. Anyway, I think that trey is right that you need to get out and give them a listen before you pass judgement, because they really are above and beyond the products on the BBY show floor.

I personally feel that by putting this product out there we increased the name recognition, without sacrificing quality and performance. In no way are these a cheap value product. They will be the open the door for new customers in reference and heritage products. I am very excited to see how they stir up the market.

Thanks.

Andre LaRouche

Acoustic Design Engineer

andre.larouche@klipsch.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Denon AVR-3805

Denon DVD-1910

Klipsch F3 Synergy Floorstanders, Klipsch B3 Synergy Bookshelves

Klipsch RC-7 Center Channel

Klipsch RS-7 Surrounds

Klipsch THX Subs

-----------------------------------------------------------------