RF-7 vs KLF-30

Craig6519

i think the 7s have more hard hitting bass but iv never heard the 30s so im not sure.are you considering getting the 7s?? a guy that worked at klipsch(tech support person) said they have slightly less output and than the 7s but said they sound just as good.

I would have to say IMO the KLF-30's, two 12"'s compared to two 10"'s? I did get to compare them way back when I bought mine, but as the saying goes... different equipment, different rooms... etc. The RF-7's are an excellent choice though, and more available than the discontinued Legends. You can go to the front/main page of this site and do a comparison on the specs of each.

Well, I did a quick comparison, and the only thing that was different was the RF-7's power handling is a little higher (250 as to 200)and the crossover points are different. I am not a technical person, so someone else can explain that part of it to you :)

I have to say I think in pure bass 'punch' the KLF30's are superior to the RF7's. But in bass extension, timing and definition, the RF7's have it all over the KLF30's. In addition I believe the RF7's are in a different league to the KLF30's for clarity, soundstage width and depth. The RF7's really come into their own when you match them with a high quality amplifier and source. The KLF30's on the other hand are not as capable of revealing 'improvements' in amplifier and source.

----------------

On 11/6/2004 6:16:50 AM edwinr wrote:

I have to say I think in pure bass 'punch' the KLF30's are superior to the RF7's. But in bass extension, timing and definition, the RF7's have it all over the KLF30's. In addition I believe the RF7's are in a different league to the KLF30's for clarity, soundstage width and depth. The RF7's really come into their own when you match them with a high quality amplifier and source. The KLF30's on the other hand are not as capable of revealing 'improvements' in amplifier and source.

----------------

the KLF-30's ARE very capable of revealing different sonic signatures from different amplifiers..... i went through six different amplifiers with mine - solid state and tube - and finally settled on a carver professional ZR1000 digital amplifier......

extremely revealing with my KLF-30's.....

1.gif

I was able to make a direct side by side comparison of the 7s and 30s driven by the same source and amplification. Both were very nice indeed. In my opinion the 30s had a more powerful presentation than the 7s and sounded a little more dynamic overall. That said either speaker is a damned good unit.

I bought the 30s because having been discontinued they were half the price of the 7s.