Upgrading to ProMedia 4.1

Cklipsch

Based on the number of messages on this BB regarding upgrading ProMedia v.2-400's to 4.1's it's obvious that there is a great deal of demand for some sort of upgrade. While most have suggested some type of kit to upgrade the satellite crossovers, I think that this is impractical for many reasons that have been discussed previously.

If the sub has not been upgraded or altered in any way, couldn't Klipsch simply offer, for sale, an upgrade kit that consists of the CP-1 Pre-Amp module, and 4 of the upgraded satellite speakers for those v.2-400 owners who are dying for an upgrade?

It certainly would be more practical than manually upgrading all the crossovers and it would satisfy those v.2-400 owners who would like to move up to the 4.1. As an added benefit it creates an additional income stream for the company and doesn't cost a dime in additional development costs.

Here we go again..

What you are asking is impractical also.. Think about it. There is nothing wrong with the crossovers in the old sats. Nobody has complaind of any real problems for over a year until something better comes out

Also, Klipsch is already offering the CP-1 as an upgrade for something practical. A sat kit is impractical. Say it with me.. im-prac-tic-al

Well,

I completely agree with Paragon. Here is an idea.. for anyone who wishes to upgrade... go on ebay, and sell your set.. right now open boxes are going for 212 or so, then, save up 79 more, and buy the new set. There ya go, a perfect upgrade kit, plain and simple. For people who dont really want/need the new cross overs (personally I think the crossovers in the current sat's are near perfect), just purchase the new CP-1 and enjoy it.

Whatever you may choose, please people, stop asking Klipsch for things that are just plain unrealistic, face it the sound coming from the current pro's, to my ears anyway, and im sure to many many others, is close to perfect for 250 bucks.

If you want to sell your klipsch's on ebay and want some advice, let me know, ill be happy to help you out.

take it easy

Impala SS

quote:

Originally posted by Paragon:

Here we go again..

What you are asking is impractical also.. Think about it. There is nothing wrong with the crossovers in the old sats. Nobody has complaind of any real problems for over a year until something better comes out

Also, Klipsch is already offering the CP-1 as an upgrade for something practical. A sat kit is impractical. Say it with me.. im-prac-tic-al

Paragon,

I don't see how selling the new sats separately to those who want to pay for them is impractical. Whether or not there is something wrong with the sats, there appears to be a significant number of people who are interested in upgrading. Shouldn't Klipsch at least investigate the possibility and cost effectiveness of creating such an upgrade kit? If there are owners out there who want to have the new sats and don't really care about the extra expense, they can buy just the sats. It really is the very similar to the situation with the CP-1 upgrade that you agree is practical. The features added to the CP-1 are not absolutely necessary and many owners are opting to not buy the CP-1 because they don't feel there is anything wrong with the current control pod. But,for those who really wanted the added features, the availability of the CP-1 upgrade was a godsend. The usefulness or practicality of the upgrade is up to the individual owner. What I'm suggesting is simply that Klipsch offer an upgrade path for those owners who would like to upgrade and are willing to pay for it. All they would have to do is bundle the new sats with the CP-1 upgrade and charge whatever they need to charge to cover the costs and make a profit.

From Klipsch's point of view it is no extra trouble for them. They are already producing the new sats in large quantities. From a business perspective, it would actually be a great decision because they would be deriving additional income from products they are already producing. Klipsch would incur NO EXTRA COSTS and would not have to undertake any additional labor or development. They would absolutely not have to take back any old sats. In essence, offering the kit would be a win-win proposition for all, Klipsch could increase its profits and exceed owners expectations and owners who want to switch to the 4.1's sats can do so with a minimum of fuss. Indeed, producing and selling more sats may result in lower overall production costs and possibly more profits for Klipsch or lower prices for customers.

So how is this impractical?

C,

While Klipsch does not offer a 'kit' you can buy the CP-1 and 4 Sats seperately. However cost wise it just doesnt make sence. The CP-1 is $50. I am pretty sure the 'improved' sats with the new crossover are also going to be $50 each. So we have a CP-1 at $50 + 4 sats at $50 each ($50+$50+$50+$50) $200. That is $250! Better off to just buy the new 4.1 when they become available. That way you get the whole package with warranty and all.

c>

------------------

Hofy's Duct Tape Mounting System Support

hofmonstr@rocketmail.com

c>

I am NOT

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

888-554-5665c>

Paragon,

Your reply still doesn't answer my question, how is offering the sats for sale impractical? I posted on this BB with the anticipation that there would be intelligent discussion. Simply, posting an ad hominem attack as a reply to a question is not intelligent discussion. If you want to explain why offering the sats for sale would be a bad business decision for a consumer business, such as Klipsch, please do so without resorting to personal attacks. FYI, I am an attorney in NYC working at one of the largest law firms in the world. So I think I understand consumer businesses just fine.

My reply to your original post was intended to spur discussion of different alternatives that Klipsch could consider. I am not arguing for them to actually do it. What I do think is that Klipsch spend some time considering the possibility. I am perfectly happy with my ProMedias. However, I was offering a possible solution for those who indicated on this BB that they would like to upgrade. If you don't want to discuss this topic anymore then don't. Please do not discourage others from intelligently discussing possible solutions. Hofy offered a cost benefit argument and backed it up with numbers that make sense. If you would like to make a similar argument please do so.

I have to stop posting on my first thoughts and read posts more carefully. My apologies to you and to other posters I have misread.

I guess if I was in your shoes I might think differently on this case depeding on what I though about the mids. I don't know what Klipsch would charge for Pro sats it might be better to sell your v.2-400 for around $200 and spend the extra $100 on for a new set of 4.1. I guess this is more impracticality of the comsumer and not Klispch.

Sorry again and I will try to think before typing.

quote:

FYI, I am an attorney in NYC working at one of the largest law firms in the world.

Hell man, you probably make more an hour then what the promedia's cost.

Don't be so cheap as to want to buy the sats seperately. Why don't you donate your existing set to your local charity.

he he.

poke poke, it's just a joke wink.gif

Whether it's really worth the wait or not remains to be seen (or heard, rather). I'm a bit glad I've decided to forgo the v.2-400 and wait for the 4.1 to avoid the whole upgrade fiasco. Considering that there is nothing "wrong" with the v.2-400 or its sats, and that most of the qualms one might have (lack of headphone, MP3 device, and portable CD player jacks) have are resolved by the CP-1 pod, it is unlikely that Klipsch would feel compelled to upgrade perfectly good good speakers. Doing so would imply that the hundreds of people shelled out the $ for the v.2-400 had paid for faulty merchandise. That said, despite my desire to own Klipsch surround euphoria now, I'd rather await the upgrade and know whatever minor imperfections the v.2-400 had were resolved and the knowledge that I'll have a top notch system. I sure hope they're available soon. Until then I'm stuck with distorted $15 speakers, I won't know what I'm missing, but I'm sure it will be one hell of an upgrade.