new system??

Scp53

recommend a system for receiver, speakers, sub, and cables for 1500-$2000. needs to be for ht and music. 5.1 now but later 6 or 7.1. room size 20x 20-25 or so. this is not for me. think klipsch rb stuff. needs to be new and be able to see and hear before buying(ie. probably not svs because cant demo)

scp53

Speakers:

----------------

1x RC-25 - $279

2x RB-25 - $400

2x RS-25 - $600

1x RW-12 - $650

----------------

Sub-total (after dealer discount of 15%): $ 1639

Sub-total (after dealer discount of 20%): $ 1543

----------------

Panasonic XR-50 - $ 300

----------------

Total: $ 1843-1949 depending on discount %

----------------

For speaker wire, get a 100ft roll of 12 or 14-gauge Soundking wire (around $25), or a couple of those if you need longer cables. You can also get in-wall wiring and banana plugs there.

----------------

As for interconnects, both analog and digital, if you want to save money, I can make them in any lengths for you, both analog, digital, subwoofer cable - all but component video (haven't bought the crimping dies yet). I relax while soldering and stuff, so it would only cost you however much I have to pay for the cables and the connectors plus the shipping. This isn't an idle offer - I make really high quality stuff, both electrically and cosmetically, you can check that out Here

you have a nice size room. are you sure you want to start that small? maybe a nice pair of floorstanders and a good receiver? a good pair of floor standers will sound better than 5 book shelfs, plus this gives you a place to start and continue rather than replace everything piece by piece? believe me i have been there.

this is NOT for me. someone else. maybe i ll recommend rfs and leave the surrounds out(maybe sub too). he's not a bass freak so maybe rfs would be ok for ht. and for music i think it be better w/o a sub. so how about rf35s and a receiver and a dvd player.