Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

Nutball

This is ridiculous. I bought my computer in March, and it arrived the end of the month, with my Klipsch v.2-400's. They were great until at the beggining of the summer, the left rear speaker quit putting out sound at audible levels. I e-mailed tech supprt who had me do stuff, and said that it was the pre-amp or something. A few days ago, my Klipsch's were messing up. The front left would go out sometimes, along with the unsolved problem of my rear left speaker. Also pretty recently, my speakers crackle when I turn up the volume with the knob. Ok, so I e-mail tech support, and tell them about this. They responded telling me I needed to take off the volume control pod and send it along with the sub-woofer to them. I take off the volume control pod, to see how it comes off and put it back on, and Viola! No sound out of any of my speakers, excpet for the front left one! What the hell??

The thing that really pisses me off is this. They tell me to do that so they'll be fixed...to what end? So they can screw up in a few more weeks or months again?

Also, with a $250 price tag, you'd expect to get some speakers that would last you as long as 5+ years.

I hate how Klipsch poorly designed thier speakers, sothat when they came out, everywhere was rave reviews about thier speakers, but what happened a few months/weeks later? They make them good at the start, to make you think you got your money's worth, and to make everyone think they're good. If I ever buy another set of speakers, I'll be sure as hell they're not Klipsch's.

This message has been edited by Nutball on 08-03-2001 at 03:59 PM

sounds like you got a sour apple... why did you get the v2.400's when the 4.1's were out? well maybe not in march... What kind of computer takes like 5 months to get to you? Sounds like there could be something with that connected to the speaker problems, they could have sent you used, abused, refurbished, or just old speakers. I have a yelling fight with teh company i bought my computer from if it took 5 months to get it. Where do you live?!

As for never buying Klipsch's again, go ahead and make that terrible mistake. They have what i would say is the best tech support in the business. I realize you are mad, as i was when i bought a $400 US monitor that was faulty and then i was on hold with the company for 12 straight hours, called 6 other times, and sent over 40 emails to no evail. However, these speakers are from a company that responds in minutes. DO NOT think for a minute that they do not want to please you over making a few bucks. This sounds really fishy, tell me the name of teh computer company and the shippping company and i might be able to help.

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

ok, well most of what i said has been thrown out once i reread your post, i thought you got your ocmputer late July and ordered it in March. Everything else goes minus the time it took to get to you, Klipsch all the way! still give me teh computer company info.

------------------

-justin

well, don't i look smart!cwm32.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, but if it is professional help you want contact Amy.

Email Amy

IM Amy

Or pick up that phone and call right now Toll Free: 1-888-554-5665

-------------------------

Just do me a favor and run up my counter... I know that sounds sad but so is my site!

• 1 month later...

Nutball I went thru this volume pod crackling too.The newer control pod for the Klipsch solves the problem.

The first control pods(preams if you prefer)were of poor quality.The newer ones dont fail like the first wave.

And if the speakers would be made in the USA you would have to pay more then $250.They are made in China to cut the costs to the max.This way Klipsch makes some money,the middle man too and you end up paying only $250.True quality control is sometimes shaky.

I prefer paying $400 and get American or Canadian made speakers.This supports local economy.

TheEAR(s) Now theears