Looks like I'm going Rotel

Orange Peel

If all goes well, tomorrow I will be ordering my new Rotel RMB 1095! Talked to a friend that got me a great deal on one, so I will be going Rotel instead of Sunfire, he mentioned something wasn't right with Sunfire right now, so his dealer steered us away from them.

I KNOW I will love the Rotel, just hate waiting for things 3.gif Should make my RF-7/RC-7/RF-5 setup come to life!!! 9.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Scott,

Well one thing's for sure. Rotel WILL indeed be awesome. But...are you sure something isn't up with the dealer? I haven't heard anything that's been "up" with Carver's company, and while their sound is different compared to that of Rotel, warmer perhaps, I'm not so sure you should be so quick to dismiss Sunfire just yet. Their products are pretty insanely good sounding too. Some would say quite a bit better than Rotel too...

Just some food for thought.

Speaking as someone who went the Rotel route after using quite a bit of Sunfire in the high end homes I build, I have to respectfully disagree with Griffinator. I am not that impressed with the Sunfire/Klipsch combination, yet I am with the Rotel/Klipsch combination IMHO. The sound of the Sunfire's remind me a lot of Denon with Klipsch,which is not so bad,just not so good as Rotel. Also, on one occassion one needed to go out for repair and it took 6 weeks. However, I'm not sure that the reason for that wasn't the dealer's lack of followup.

Good Luck!

Jerry

I don't know if there is anything wrong with Sunfire right now, I do know the 5x200 amp I want is hard to find, I think it is being replaced with th 5x225 model. I wanted Rotel before Sunfire, but couldn't find a deal on one. Now I can't find any Sunfires locally, so I will try the Rotel and see how I like it. If it's brighter than the Sunfire than that's a bonus as I like a bit brighter sound, if not oh well 1.gif And if all else fails I can just sell the Rotel and get the Sunfire. My buddy went from a Sunfire Ultimate receiver to the Rotel and LOVES it, he doesn't regret it at all.

So we'll see what happens when I talk to the dealer today. Thanks for the comments!

----------------

On 11/11/2004 1:37:08 AM JewishAMerPrince wrote:

Speaking as someone who went the Rotel route after using quite a bit of Sunfire in the high end homes I build, I have to respectfully disagree with Griffinator. I am not that impressed with the Sunfire/Klipsch combination, yet I am with the Rotel/Klipsch combination IMHO.

Jerry

----------------

That's fair, then. I confess I haven't listened to Sunfire with Klipsch, although I've heard them in numerous other applications. Hell, the "shootout" I did with the Sherbourn and Rotel were on a local dealer's Martin Logans - but regardless of volume level, I found the Sherbourn to be just smoother and more relaxed than the Rotel.

Now the Rotel pre's - definitely more sophisticated than the Sherbourn, and a much better remote control...

i have never had the chance to do head to head on the rotel-sunfire debate, but from store to store the rotels were musical, and the sunfire better for ht, and as long as rotel is made in china i would not trust them to perform well for very long, the longer i owned mine the more problems surfaced, enough so that i switched out 13 different machines, which included everything from processor to dvd player, so do be careful with the rotel gear

----------------

On 11/11/2004 10:26:48 AM marksdad wrote:

i have never had the chance to do head to head on the rotel-sunfire debate, but from store to store the rotels were musical, and the sunfire better for ht, and as long as rotel is made in china i would not trust them to perform well for very long, the longer i owned mine the more problems surfaced, enough so that i switched out 13 different machines, which included everything from processor to dvd player, so do be careful with the rotel gear

----------------

Rotel, Sherbourn, and Outlaw will always be made in China. Difference between the three companies? Sherbourn actually owns the plant, and one of the partners handles all the ordering of parts himself, so they get a consistent quality product, where Rotel and Outlaw farm out the work to independent shops who go and get whatever they need to get to fit the spec.

Well I ordered the Rotel RMB 1095, should be here by the end of next week, got the silver face since it's SO sexy looking 9.gif I will let everyone know what I think of it, I think it will be JUST what I am looking for, great cost to performance ratio, excellent power, and the right sound I want from my system.

I will post plenty of pics when it's here too. Picked up some IXOS interconnects for it too. Should take my HT experience to a whole new level!!

Nicholtl - haha, well I just had to get this one, if I didn't I would be CONSTANTLY saying to myself "what if" on that amp. I really like the reviews I get from it, and the looks aren't too bad either, which is important to me 2.gif The dealer I got the Rotel from didn't have Halo, and I used my Mits card to take advantage of the 0 payments thing. Halo amps have interested me VERY much, but are pretty expensive, maybe someday I will test them out.

mbajner - As for the IXOS cables, not sure, their RCA cables I suppose, I just ordered them with my amp, 3 sets for $90, so it's a decent price, they were the 2nd best cable he had, the other was like $100 a set, too much 8.gif As for my pre-pro, it's a Pioneer Elite VSX53-TX, I will replace it later with a Rotel RSP-1066 or 1068. I know I will love this amp, so I will let everyone know what I think when it comes in. I'm very excited to enter into the seperates world, even though I still use a Receiver as a pre-pro 9.gif

Not replacing anything, just adding to it 1.gif I just felt the Elite wasn't enough for my system, when I play it loud it just seems to strain, lack of bass, etc. It still sounds amazing, I just wanted an amp for a long time, and the bug bit and here I am 9.gif I want to know the detail an amp brings, the better bass response, etc. I will replace the Elite someday with a real Rotel pre-pro, and then see what the difference is.

Scott,

Don't be discouraged by the comments from others about Rotel. I have RF-7/RC-7/RS-7 running through a RMB-1095 and it does the job for me. You will notice a big difference. I went from a Yamaha receiver to a RMB-1075 to a RMB-1095 each was a step up.

Rob2.gif