• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 11/15/2004 4:28:09 PM Steve Donalson wrote:

Steven,

You have a PM!

----------------

I've sent you a reply.

Unfortunatly, it'll still be sometime before I can buy a new pre-pro. To many other things money is being tied up into, including eventually getting a new TV.

>>.......Second, how can you say someone should pick Sunfire to go with your Klipsch when you haven't even listened to Sunfire driving Klipsch speakers?......

i have heard the sunfire powering a complete RF-7 system.... very impressive..... and a much better sound than any rotel i have ever heard powering any klipsch speakers.....

since you obviously didn't bother to read the entire thread..... i posted this information on the 9th post of the thread on page one....

"another vote here for the sunfire amps....

heard one powering RF-7's at an Ultimate Elctronics here in minneapolis..... excellent sound with the RF-7's...."<<

Since YOU were quick to assume that I didn't read the entire thread, I'll put that point to rest, I DID read the entire thread. You'll notice (or apparently you didn't) that my post didn't single out a particular person. You'll also notice, since you read the entire thread, that you were not the only one that recommended Sunfire amps. Those other people did, in fact, say they either didn't listen to Sunfire with Klipsch or made a general recommendation. Sorry, was I supposed to address you and only you personally for my point to be valid? Does the fact that you actually had experience with that combo validate the opinions of those who do not? No, not really. Oh and the first part of my post does apply to you and everyone else, whether the combo sounds good to the person asking the question IS paramount and entirely up to the ears of the beholder. I notice you conveniently left that out of your post.

I don't know why some people feel the need to post a snide comment rather than asking for clarification on a post. You post a snide comment and you get a similar one in return. Constructive, isn't it? Oh, just in case this is an issue...Don't equate low post count or infrequent activity on this board with stupidity or a lack of thoroughness.

----------------

On 11/15/2004 5:17:57 PM erdric wrote:

.....I don't know why some people feel the need to post a snide comment rather than asking for clarification on a post. You post a snide comment and you get a similar one in return. Constructive, isn't it? Oh, just in case this is an issue...Don't equate low post count or infrequent activity on this board with stupidity or a lack of thoroughness.

----------------

i was not making any assumptions about your lack of thoroughness..... but you do have a good point - YOU chose to ignore my comment that i had heard sunfire and klipsch together.....

and yes.... i do know that others also use sunfire and klipsch successfully - i pointed out in my first post that MrMcgoo on this forum uses that combination of amplifier and speakers....

your general assumption is really in error if there were two cases that refuted your statement......

i would never infer that another forum member is stupid...... i will let others read your comments and make their own judgements......

maybe you could make a CONSTRUCTIVE comment that might actually help the original poster make an informed decision.... telling someone that everyone else is full of b.s. because they haven't heard sunfire and klipsch together does nothing to add to the discussion and in this case is just plain wrong.....

There seems to be a lot of pushing and shoving going on here over something that is really very subjective. What I think is a great combo to my ears, others may not. I even commented in my earlier insertion that I have built several theater setups using Klipsch/Sunfire in the homes I build, and have not been impressed. For my own home I chose the Klipsch/Rotel combo because it does impress me.

It's certainly not worth getting into a p g contest over, is it?

JR

>>i was not making any assumptions about your lack of thoroughness..... but you do have a good point - YOU chose to ignore my comment that i had heard sunfire and klipsch together.....<<

Let's start over and I'll try to be more clear. I wasn't personally addressing you and your experience because you weren't one of the people making a statement that was not based on actual data. In other words, you weren't the one making the mistake, IMO. Again, I didn't say that people who have listened to Sunfire with Klipsch shouldn't comment, I said that it was difficult if not impossible to comment if you HAVEN'T listened to that combo. The comments weren't addressed to you personally because it didn't APPLY to you. As I said, I wasn't addressing you specifically but rather the topic as a whole.

And you're still not taking into account my other point that he has his ears and you have yours. It'll sound different to you than it will to him and he should listen for himself.

>>and yes.... i do know that others also use sunfire and klipsch successfully - i pointed out in my first post that MrMcgoo on this forum uses that combination of amplifier and speakers....<<

Sorry, but two people with positive experience doesn't disprove my statement that he should listen for himself. For example, there are many people who love Denon with Klipsch and say so. There are just as many that hate that combo. To you and MrMcgoo Sunfire with Klipsch sounds good. GREAT! Enjoy! However, that combo might sound awful to another person. That's why I led off by saying "everything is subjective and is based on what each individual thinks sounds good."

>>your general assumption is really in error if there were two cases that refuted your statement......<<

See above. BTW, two cases is far too small a sample for you to say Im in error.

>>i would never infer that another forum member is stupid...... i will let others read your comments and make their own judgements......<<

Apparently the two people posting above read them and agreed with me. So, if I have two cases that refute your statement should I say you are in error? Thought not.

>>maybe you could make a CONSTRUCTIVE comment that might actually help the original poster make an informed decision.... telling someone that everyone else is full of b.s. because they haven't heard sunfire and klipsch together does nothing to add to the discussion and in this case is just plain wrong.....<<

Actually, by telling him to listen for himself and not to put too much weight in comments coming from people that had not listened to that actual combo he's interested in, I WAS making a constructive comment. Im sorry you cant see that.

The sad part of this is that you werent the person I had in mind when I posted but you obviously felt slighted and posted a rude comment. Just another reason I stopped posting here, I got tired of the garbage.

----------------

On 11/15/2004 5:17:57 PM erdric wrote:

>>.......Second, how can you say someone should pick Sunfire to go with your Klipsch when you haven't even listened to Sunfire driving Klipsch speakers?......

i have heard the sunfire powering a complete RF-7 system.... very impressive..... and a much better sound than any rotel i have ever heard powering any klipsch speakers.....

since you obviously didn't bother to read the entire thread..... i posted this information on the 9th post of the thread on page one....

"another vote here for the sunfire amps....

heard one powering RF-7's at an Ultimate Elctronics here in minneapolis..... excellent sound with the RF-7's...."<<

Since YOU were quick to assume that I didn't read the entire thread, I'll put that point to rest, I DID read the entire thread. You'll notice (or apparently you didn't) that my post didn't single out a particular person. You'll also notice, since you read the entire thread, that you were not the only one that recommended Sunfire amps. Those other people did, in fact, say they either didn't listen to Sunfire with Klipsch or made a general recommendation. Sorry, was I supposed to address you and only you personally for my point to be valid? Does the fact that you actually had experience with that combo validate the opinions of those who do not? No, not really. Oh and the first part of my post does apply to you and everyone else, whether the combo sounds good to the person asking the question IS paramount and entirely up to the ears of the beholder. I notice you conveniently left that out of your post.

I don't know why some people feel the need to post a snide comment rather than asking for clarification on a post. You post a snide comment and you get a similar one in return. Constructive, isn't it? Oh, just in case this is an issue...Don't equate low post count or infrequent activity on this board with stupidity or a lack of thoroughness.

----------------

[/blockquote>

I own both sunfire and rotel amps, and I will tell you that the rotel is a toy. Sunfire doubles down to 2 ohms, DOES NOT go into thermal protection as the rotel does, and sounds more transparent than the rotel. BTW I have used them both on Klipsch chorus2s, K-Horns, Paradigm studio 60s, and VMPS ST/Rs. Carvers sunfire is a better peice than any Rotel amp.But if you would like to buy a Rotel, Ill be happy to sell mine.2.gif]

>>There seems to be a lot of pushing and shoving going on here over something that is really very subjective. What I think is a great combo to my ears, others may not. I even commented in my earlier insertion that I have built several theater setups using Klipsch/Sunfire in the homes I build, and have not been impressed. For my own home I chose the Klipsch/Rotel combo because it does impress me.

It's certainly not worth getting into a p g contest over, is it?<<

You're right and I didn't think my original post would start one. Minn Male, IMO, started this by jumping to conclusions about my post when I wasn't even addressing him. I tried to explain that in the post above. My nastiness was in direct response to that snide comment about me not reading the entire thread.

I hope everything is clear now but if it's not, I'll say it again...my constructive comment is to listen for yourself. If you like the combo, buy it. It's your system, money, and your ears. There's a reason there are so many types of receivers, amps, speakers, DVD players, etc. Everyone hears things differently.

>>I own both sunfire and rotel amps, and I will tell you that the rotel is a toy. Sunfire doubles down to 2 ohms, DOES NOT go into thermal protection as the rotel does, and sounds more transparent than the rotel. BTW I have used them both on Klipsch chorus2s, K-Horns, Paradigm studio 60s, and VMPS ST/Rs. Carvers sunfire is a better peice than any Rotel amp.But if you would like to buy a Rotel, Ill be happy to sell mine<<

You've used both amps, not only with Klipsch but with others. You're opinion on this has great value and I'm not being sarcastic saying that.

This just proves my point. Who should we listen to, someone like you who's demoed the equipment in question or someone who says "I haven't listened to Sunfire with Klipsch but Sunfires are great!"?

For the record, I never suggested he go with either amp because I don't care what he chooses. I suggested he listen for himself and decide.

Well this has been entertaining to read 3.gif All kidding aside, I agree with Erdric, I would love to be able to listen to the Rotel with my setup, but it wasn't possible. The Sunfire cinema grand 5x200 and my Klipsch weren't possible, hell, I couldn't find a damn Sunfire locally. Ultimate Electronics here has Sunfire Ultimate Receivers, and Klipsch, but they are in two seperate rooms, the Klipsch/Hard Rock room is setup with Pioneer Elite 49TXi, and the Sunfire stuff is in a KEF/Def Tech room, so either way I was screwed.

I got a line from a internet bud that he can get me a good deal on the Rotel and I looked into it. I have liked the looks and reviews of the Rotel for a while, just thought I would go Sunfire since I could get a discount locally on one, but found out I can't get it since they don't stock it anymore.

As for Radiob that heard the Rotel and Sunfire with Klipsch, was the system comprised of RF-7's/RC-7/RF-5's, or AT LEAST RF-7's? And were you using the Rotel RMB 1095, not the 5 channel Rotel in your sig?? Was the Sunfire the Cinema Grand 5x200? I know the Sunfire can go down low (ohms) but our Klipsch are 8ohm speakers, not 2 ohms, and I will be keeping my Klipsch for a LONG time. I wanted something powerful, relatively decent priced, and Rotel fit the bid.

What's great about audio gear is you can sell it, and most of the time someone will buy it 1.gif So if I don't like the Rotel sound, which I doubt, from the reviews it's what I'm looking for, then I will proceed to rid myself of it and buy something else.

I appreciate the help, I take Jerry's opinion very seriously, since he runs VERY similar gear to me, he has my processor I want though 3.gif So we'll see how I like it come the end of the week, if it gets here by then 8.gif