My Review Marantz SR7500 Part II

GlennG

Well I have had enough time to learn my new Marantz 7500 and am really impressed with the power that this receiver has. I enjoy listening to my CD's in the Stereo mode and the sr7500 does not lack for accuracy in this mode. My Klipsch R3 front speakers have never sounded so good. There is also a Pro Logic Surround Music mode that is pretty neat as well if that is your preference. This receiver has very clean sound as well as an awesome appearance.In fact when I first saw the receiver at my dealer,without knowing what it was, I asked the salesman what was the name of that monster receiver sitting on display. Little did I know that it was the SR7500. I paid $1000 for it and have not regretted it one bit. While home alone today I watched the movie "U-571",in the TXH Surround mode and man did my Klipsch RC25,SS1 surrounds and my Kenwood SW300 subwoofer get a workout. I can't tell you how many times I jumped durring certain scenes. This is an awesome receiver,I upgraded from a Onxkyo 676 receiver and noticed the difference in the sound quality right away. I will put the Marantz SR7500 receiver up against any of the top quality receivers,you name it HK,Denon,Yamaha...you name it and I guaranty that this receiver will stand out from the rest. The only negative that I could find is that the volume is kind of slow. Other than that check it out for yourself. 1.gif

I'm glad to hear that you like the 7500. I have loved my 7400 since the day I brought it home. What kind of remote came w/ the 7500? Is it the same as the one w/ the 7400 or is it improved? (I'm not quite sure how much better they could make it.)

Hey guys,

Glad to hear from people who like the Marantz HT stuff out there! Not many of us left, ya know?15.gif

Anyways, the one complaint that I DO have about the SR7300 that I have IS the remote! Coulda done with some backlighting. Don't know if it's the same one that comes with the 7400 or 7500.

Other than that, Glenn, congrats on a purchase that'll go a long way. Best 1k you'll spend!

Fauzi

Nice review, Glenn. See? It's good to leave your posts where they are. Because now that it's permanently here for all to see, even decades from now, when your SR7500 is a "vintage model," someone who is looking to buy it used from a garage sale will snap a search, stumble across this review, and know that it's a good, solid product. And you will have done your part in the Grand Scheme of Things.

Thanks a lot Guys, I learn something new from you guys everyday which is why I love this forum.

To answer your question Fauzi about whether or not there is a back light on the remote? Yes there is,in fact there are two buttons at the bottom ends of the remote that when pushed will light up all your features on the remote. I forgot to mention in my review that the headphone surround feature on the receiver is absolutely awesome. I couldn't believe that I was actually listening through my old headphones.

Excellent Glenn, glad to hear it, it's a nice piece and a far cry from the 7300\7400's. The remote sure looks a heck of alot cleaner than the 7300 remote did.

Looks like Marantz spent sometime on this piece, nice to see!

Now you got to share some pics of your setup GG....10.gif

Congrats and welcome to the Marantz\Klipsch clan, keep us posted on it...enjoy..10.gif

PS. Did you mention "old" headphones....Christmas is coming soon eh...ho ho ho...10.gif

When I bought my Marantz SR5300 the guy told me that Marantz and Denon were owned by the same people. The way he explained it to me was that Denon-to-Marantz was like Nissan-to-Infiniti. This guy really seemed to know what he was talking about. He and his crew install/build/configure professional HTs in homes of the wealthy.

I just decided to throw this out there to see if anyone has heard it before.

Comments?

btw. I love my Marantz sr5300. Sounds so good, ten times better than any multimedia setup, I'm so glad I've finally seen the light! 16.gif Now I have my RB-25s/RC-25 setup going and I'm still waiting on my RS-25 surrounds to get here. I paid for them like 3 days ago, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

" guy told me that Marantz and Denon were owned by the same people"

True. Denon & Marantz merged in...I believe 2002 to become D&M Holdings. They said at the time (and so far have..) that they would keep separate the Denon and Marantz lines.

I have had the SR8200 marantz for over 2 years, and I love it! Never a minute of trouble. The remote I got was the rc3200, a pronto style touchpad, which is pretty nice:)

The only issue I have, is Marantz came up with a software update to my receiver that adds some features..but they wanted over 100$ for the update! After spending 1600$ for a receiver, I didn't feel like shelling out an extra 100$, just on principle:) Other than that, the equipment is great!

Yes true, D&M Holdings Ltd, I forget the actual Co. name(starts with a P I think), they go around buying good Company's and make them better basically(US Company). They are "seperate" Companies though...2.gif

Denon and Marantz were ruling the market in HT at one point and WHAM...D&M...10.gif

Why if asked, their components were killing Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, Onkyo, in their quality and capability, for the almighty $ IMO and from what I have read.

Panasonic and the lower end concentrated on the "box HT".

Or you could go seperates...$$$$$... 10.gif

Guys I am debating on getting the Marantz SR8500 and using it as a pre amp. My current choice is the B&K Reference 50 S2. However, I could save money going with the SR8500. All my current system is Marantz and I am happy with them. If anyone has word on the SR8500 let me know.

Great review on the SR7500!

I run an older Marantz SR-8000 A/V and am quite pleased. I tried at one juncture to contact Marantz (America) directly for some customer support and could not find anyway to do so. I never did define a contact pathway for this company. Anyone else have a similar experience or know how to reach Marantz customer service??? 4.gif

----------------

On 11/15/2004 11:26:27 AM oscarsear wrote:

I run an older Marantz SR-8000 A/V and am quite pleased. I tried at one juncture to contact Marantz (America) directly for some customer support and could not find anyway to do so. I never did define a contact pathway for this company. Anyone else have a similar experience or know how to reach Marantz customer service???
4.gif

----------------

Here is a number I got from Marantz.com I hope that it helps. (630 741-0300)

----------------

On 11/15/2004 10:34:54 AM neomartic wrote:

All your system is Marantz huh? I assume that includes a Marantz DVD player. Which model do you have. I was looking to get one, but am having a tough time deciding. Any suggestions?

Thanks

----------------

My main system right now that I purchased in 1998 is; Marantz AV550 pre amp, 5 MA700 mono blocks, and a Marantz 60inch tv. I have 3 dvd players. A sony, panasonic, and philipps dvd player. The philipps is new and the others are older. Its the 642 model I purchased at walmart for $68. This dvd player does it all. It doesnt do Super audio or anything like that. I have no need for that. It does play damn near every format there is. You can burn mp3's on dvd media and play it in the philipps. Most players only work with mp3's on cdr media. You can play divx and other svcd type burns in it. If you want a player you should check out videohelp.com/dvdplayers/

They break down all the players and have customer reviews.

I love the mp3 on dvd. It gives me 4 gigs of space to put all my cd's on. I burned 12 cd's on my DVD RW disc the other day and only used 1/4 of the disc space. I can pop it in the player and its like I have a huge changer. Plus if you download any mp3's off the newsgroups or other media you can put them all together on 4 gigs of media. DVD burners are about $69 at newegg.com. They have a NEC model that will burn dual layer dvd. Thats 9 gigs on 1 disc. Just imagine an IPod type disc with all your music played from one source. Its very nice.

Yeah, I need something that will play DVD audio, like you're talking about and DVD-R, which most new players will play. Is it worth shelling out the (approximately) $400 for a Marantz VC5400 dvd player. Should I just stick with a cheap one that has the playback capability? What's the big difference as long as I have the digital and component, a/v outputs I need?