Chorus vs LaScalas

BLUESMAN

Interesting post (they are big, aren't they) I'm wondering if you have tried putting them in corners. Like Khorns, they kind of melt away in a corner and aren't quite so obtrusive.

As for switching speakers, you're only one notch away in the Heritage line from a Khorn, so I don't know if an alternate speaker would do the job. On the forum, a lot of people do some serious listening with the RF7's which have a much smaller footprint. That might be worth looking into. Good luck and keep us informed. Hamish

I have Chorus I's and II's. Was starting an A-B when the vintage Scott integrated I was using crapped out. The other restored Scott I have had died earlier. If I am ever able to get one of the Scotts running long enough I'll post my opinions here regarding the comparo.

Back to your question. I think from my limited listening the Chorus II's have better bass. They were positioned about 4 feet from the back wall and about 2 feet from one side wall, the other side wall being open. But then I was getting the feeling that maybe the Chorus I's might have sounded a little smoother in the mids, then mushroom cloud.

I think either Chorus, either the original or the later Chorus II, would make for a satisfying 2-channel setup. They would probably sound even better in a room larger than my 16x20x9 using your fine Mc gear, as more power in my limited testing seemed to result in better bass control.

As far as the LaScala goes, all I can personally tell you is that they're the ugliest loudspeaker I've ever seen. Nothing personal of course.2.gif

Keith

As far as the LaScala goes, all I can personally tell you is that they're the ugliest loudspeaker I've ever seen. Nothing personal of course.
2.gif

No, that would be the Cornwall. Nothing to look at but a big grill! I think the La Scala look great! They look loud even when not in use and have an interesting geometry to look at.

Whatever floats your boat I guess!1.gif