KLF 30 - Bryston 4BST combination?

Kris K

I am considering the purchase of a Bryston 4Bst.The reviews(posts from owners)that I have read say that this amp has the tendency to be very foward and in your face type of sound.They also say that this amp has superb low end;which could only benefit the 30's low end punch.

Would using the Bryston be over kill since the 30's also have a foward sound quality? The combination of the two be fatiguing? Has anyone used the both together? If so what type of preamp are you using...SS or tube?

My current amp is a Phase Linear Dual 500 II that I bought new in the mid 80's.Should it stay or go?

P.S. Is it true that the Bryston takes a extremely long time to break in.......much longer than most new equipment?

Kris

Kris,

I can think of nothing in an amp that would "break in".

Would imagine you would have to go to a "botique" type audio dealer for a Bryston. If they would not let you try in your home and bring it back, I would be surprised. Have you asked about return policy?

Derek

Bryston has great customer sevice,they are great with email returns.They tes their amps for 100 hours and have a 20 year warrenty.

Do a search on this site for Bryston.Someone on here is using the 500 watt Brystons with the 30'.4 30's if I remember right with one to each plus one to a C-7 center.Wish I could remember who,sorry.

If you ask they will send you the"4th Edition of Critical Acclaim"nice reviews done by a bunch of mags.Maybe that will help.

Kris K,

It has been a pure heaven!

I have never experinced fatigue in over a year of owning the Bryston-Klipsch combination. I have how ever regulated a number of CD's to my truck and boom box, because the recordings are lousy. This combination will let you hear everything that's on a recording good and bad. If that's forward I'll take it. I refuse to build my system to make mediocre recording's sound good.

Bryston will get you every once of bass your speaker has to give. I only use my subwoofer as the .1 in surround recordings. I have no need for a sub in 2 channel. The noise floor on my amplifiers is listed at 0.005% great for high efficincy speakers. No tube can match that.

Good Luck!

-Hammer

5 Bryston 7BST mono block amplifiers

4 KLF30's

1 C7 center

Proceed AVP processor

Hammer,thanx for your feedback.My Phase Linear Dual 500 II in its day was a monster at 500watts/channel.I would love to hear how the Bryston's 500 is capable of doing to the KLF 30's.

Did you purchase your Bryston's in Canada? And if so did you save money? How easy is it bringing such a purchase back across the border.I live 90 minutes south of you and was thinking of buying one in Canada (4B st)

Kris

Kris K,

I bought my Bryston at Ensemble in West Bloomfield. I know StereoLand just across the bridge in Windsor carries Bryston. You could give them a call or drive over and they will tell you the best way. I did not now about them when I purchased mine.

-Hammer