Half-life 2 no midnight launch AHHHHHH

Underhanded Penguin

But seriously. This is in my opinion just as groundbreaking of a game as half-life was when it first came out. The facial animations and phsyics system alone is incredible. The fact that they managed to roll that into a package that includes awesome gameplay, a cohesive and immersive world environment and a decent story (ignore gamespot's review) is really amazing. Sure there are questions left unanswered. But who gives a damn. That leaves room for a sequel and the enjoyment is in the act of doing more than the end result.

Well, I just picked up the "Collector's Edition" and in the process of getting it installed on my Athlon 2400+ with 512megs RAM and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro machine. That should hopefully be enought of a computer to get decent performance out of the game. We'll see. But from all the descriptions and what everybody is saying, this is going to be friggan awesome!

I'll get back after I had logged a liittle bit of time on here.

Hmmm... looks like Fayt and the gang in "Star Ocean" on my PS/2 will have to wait a little bit before thier adventure resumes! 6.gif

HalfLife 2 is simply an incredible single player game,with the original HalfLife and the two Ultima Underworld games with maybe both System Shock games is on of the six best of all time.

When you take into account the story,the depth of the game and the execution its a five star gem.

Now let me brag,on my MSI X800XT PE fulled by a P4 3.4EE and two GB of RAM is smooth as in buttah smooth at 1600*1200 with all settigs maxed,pegged to the max. 9.gif The visuals are put the player right in the HalfLife world,the sounds aare also worthy of a best of the ebst game.The X800XT PE is THE KING of HalfLife 2 no Nvidia comes close in high rez and ultra pumped settings and AA.I am happy for ATI,they beat nVidia after taking heat in Doom 3.And Half Life 2 is the better game.

Steam is the only nail in the game,it took me some time before I could play.This minor fault aside,HalfLife 2 is a MUST BUY for anyone who is a gamer and remotely likes gaming.

Congrats to the whole Valve team for a job well done. 1.gif

Back to gaming...

----------------

On 11/22/2004 8:38:19 PM TheEAR wrote:

Steam is the only nail in the game,it took me some time before I could play.This minor fault aside,HalfLife 2 is a MUST BUY for anyone who is a gamer and remotely likes gaming.

----------------

I agree with this. That whole "unlocking files" business - took friggan ever! Then having to go through all the BS of signing up an account. Oh well, I did get a chance to give Counter-Strike:Source a good work-out using the Steam service. Was a lot of fun.

Fortunatly, the game actually runs quite well on my somewhat modest Athlon XP 2400+ with ATI Radeon 9800 pro and 512 megs RAM. I got it running at 1280x1024 with high-detail and 2x anti-aliasing, and looks quite good. Runs very smooth.

Also, I think I've spent more time just dickering around in the game, playing with the environment and that totally cool physic-based engine, than I did actually playing the game. Funny throwing bottles and crates into the water and trying to pick them off with the pistol. Or throwing them at somebody and hearing them yell "Knock it off" or "Stop it" at you. Was very satisfying throwing that TV out the window on that one level with the apartments near the beginning of the game. There was also one level where I stacked all the flamable barrels together in the corner and shot them! The resulting explosion was quite satisifying! Just amazingly how realistic the physics in that game is.

----------------

Congrats to the whole Valve team for a job well done.
1.gif

Back to gaming...

----------------

My sentiments exactly! Awesome job on this game!

Yup, back to gaming! Sweet that I got a long weekend (got tommorrow, Thursday, and Friday off. It is Thanksgiving weekend here in America this weekend.)