Dead KSW10 Sub

bulldog1

I've had my sub for 3 yrs and I use it maybe once a week when I watch the occasional movie. From day one, when loud passages from a movie, i.e explosions, thunder etc is played the sub pops, like it's bottoming out. I thought maybe because I've had the volume on the sub set too high, but it wasn't. Now it's completely dead....no power, no lights. The sub gets very little use and Klipsch has a good rep, which is why I own one. Any ideas?

oh yea...it is plugged in.

My KSW-10 did the same thing once. Mine was fairly simple to fix. It was simply a blown fuse. The fuse is on the back near the bottom. It's a "standard" sized glass fuse, BUT it's a 0.63A 250V slow-blow fuse . I wasn't able to find the exact fuse I needed, but I did find a 0.60A 250V fuse and it's worked fine ever since.

Good Luck,

John

• Like 1

I just got my KSW15 back from the shop. It was the amp. that was bad. I hope that yours is only a fuse, which was the first thing that I checked. Mine is about 4 1/2 years old, which I thought was a little soon to be going out. In my case, I was lucky that it happened when it did. My extended warranty ran out at 5 years. The other thing that really sucked, was that they shoved a dolly through the woofer in transport! The great thing is that now my sub has a new amp and a new woofer. The bad thing is that I was preparing the family for no Christmas since Daddy would be needing a new RSW15. But, I guess they deserve a Christmas more than I deserve a new sub! Mabey I can ask Santa for one!

• 2 weeks later...