KHorn pick-up

Brap

to all that have enjoyed the post and who care, Coytee pickup up my / his babies last night. He is tickled!!! Today, he's back to Knoxville figuring out how this will be expalined to Wifie. We both discussed some good strategies!!

His issues have just begun however......... The audition was with my 2A3 PP amp which has ZERO noise, depending on the recordings. Going back to SS, unless it's real high grade may prompt him to have something else on his Christmas list!

Thanks to all you helped in this transaction, reagarding the method of transporting these.

Well, time to take the Forte's out of the box and use them as the mains. It's a bittersweet day, but I'm still part of the Klipsch family -- I will NEVER sell the Forte's.

• Like 1

Hi Brad. I have been up since 3:00 AM, eastern and I only got to bed at 11:00 8.gif

ok, here's the gist of my last couple days.

After slapping a new radiator into my wifes car, I left Knoxville Wednesday for Indianapolis. Got to Indy and visited with an old friend I've not seen/heard from for about 10 years.

Found out he's had FOUR heart attacks and is now also considered a "serious" diabetic, having to take insulin shots four times per day. 8.gif I had to keep in my mind during the rest of the trip that even though I was acquiring one of my dreams, they still need to be kept into perspective.

Got up thursday morning, drove to Brads house in Chicago and being the early bird type I am, arrived a couple hours early. I just sat & waited in car, sneaking a little nap and also wondered when his neighbors would call the cops, reporting "some strange person/car on street for hours on end, spying on the neighborhood with a trailer attached to steal something..."

Interestingly enough, every now & then when a car passed by, I "knew" it would be the police. Well... the police DID finally show up which actually made me chuckle. Although they DID show up, they were evidently just cruising by and not looking for/at me, for they simply continued on their way, evidently, never giving me a second look.

Met Brad & his lovely wife. Very nice people for anyone who hasn't already figured that out. None the less... got to sit/listen to his tube amp which is something I DID want to do, even though I had a 700 mile return trip ahead of me.

Now that I heard it, I have a better idea of what to listen for or more accurately, a better idea of what to NOT listen for 2.gif

We finally loaded up his cherished babies into the trailer. Yes, it of course was raining and dark as a cave in the trailer. So with flashlights around, we made it work.

Left his house, drove back to Indy & stayed at hotel. Friday morning, met up with my friend again for breakfast. Went to his house afterward and visited with his wife and as luck (or bad luck ? 9.gif ) had it, his wifes lifelong best friend, and a girl I dated a bit was coming into town to see the wife "in a couple hours". So, I had the wonderful pleasure of hanging around longer than anticipated and then going out to lunch with my friend, his wife and... well... simlply one of the most beautiful women I've ever had honor of spending time with. (also is 5'10 and wears heels 3.gif3.gif3.gif10.gif11.gif )

Left Indy like 6 hours later than I had anticpated & drove onto Cincy to visit yet another friend. Left Cincy on friday about 5-ish and worked my way home, finally arriving about 10:00 pm.

Sooooooooooo, round trip, I put about 1,500 miles onto car.

As I sit here & type (at 4:00 am) the stuff is STILL in trailer awaiting it's trip inside. the wife thinks I'm putting all of it in our currently unfinshed basement. I'm waiting until she's gone to work and I'm putting them into the living room 9.gif

Oh yes, when she gets home later today, there WILL be hell for me to pay for this. I can hardly wait to pay and then fire them up.

10.gif

----------------

On 11/20/2004 4:21:58 AM Coytee wrote:

the wife thinks I'm putting all of it in our currently unfinshed basement. I'm waiting until she's gone to work and I'm putting them into the living room
9.gif

Oh yes, when she gets home later today, there WILL be hell for me to pay for this.

----------------

If you don't post here again, we'll know what happened.

Please post pictures of the ex-girlfriend9.gif. Oh, and if you haven't figured this out yet, leave the ex-GF part out of the story you tell your wife...

Good story! Your wife will never notice them in the living room!2.gif

----------------

On 11/20/2004 9:56:33 AM fini wrote:

Good story! Your wife will never notice them in the living room!
2.gif

----------------

Fini, you're right about that! These beasts really shrink when put into corners. My wife was horrified when I brought them home, and was really surprised when I put them into corners. She said, "Now THAT'S not too bad!" ...

Then she heard them and they have been her favorite speaker ever since.

Congrats on the khorns and good luck with the Mrs. I know where you're coming from.11.gif

I tried to convince my wife they would "shrink" into the corners. She certainly didn't use the term "shrink" when I set mine up in the basement/her office.6.gif She does like them however and loves me enough to put up with them/me.2.gif

I hope your wife feels the same way when she gets home from work! Good luck.1.gif

A saga well worth all the effort indeed! I should like to brag now. My blonde, blue-eyed wife upon learning of my serious quest for used Khorns insisted that I buy new (seriously). SHE WANTED a room dedicated to home theater and the downstairs are devoted to 2 channel sound. Go figure!?! I must be doing something right!!!

9.gif9.gif9.gif9.gif

seems you must attach file first, then type? 15.gif I just lost my comment.

Ok.. I was right, she did NOT like them 6.gif I was given an ultimatom to get the (currently unfinished) basement done in 30 days or she's having them put into storage 6.gif

I take that as a positive as she never went for the chainsaw, claw hammer, or file. She did however, have an uneasy gleam in her eye when she had the drill in her hand, asking me where the 4" hole bit was....4.gif

Here's a before (if this works)

post-15072-13819259470364_thumb.jpg

Richard,

Thanks for sharing the Pictures! I really enjoy seeing how creative members can be with their Room arrangements.

Take Heart though- the speakers - didn't go with the Drapes! LOL........

3D,

You are correct! I even saw room in the Center for a Beautiful Klipsch Belle speaker!

great looking Khorns coytee

did the water spot you posted about come out OK? what did you end up doing for that?

If your basement space is a good size and dry it would be nice to have a space to dedicate to the klipschorns so you can set things up for best acoustic purposes with less compromises maybe.I would love to have mine setup on a "solid" concrete floor.

mike 1.gif

Fini: We have a log house using square cut 6x12 logs. In between are 4x4s. We will ultimately ***** in between the logs and that will have the look you are probably accustomed to seeing with logs. The wifey didnt want a traditional log look, so she whitewashed the logs using diluted paint. The outside has a stain on it that is a semi-transparent Blueshadow color. It sort of looks like battleship gray

Mike: The watermark seemed to just evaporate out and now I dont see it. If and when these DO go into the basement, it will be on a tile floor over concrete. The walls are block walls w/poured concrete inside. (then Ill drywall the actual interior surface).

The downstairs room is something like 16 wide by roughly 24 I think. Been while since Ive measured. Nine foot ceilings.