REM-Around the Sun-Isn't it strange?

cluless

When you get as old as me you will look up the lyrics online, use dumbtitles on movies, I sit so close when talking to my boss I think he thinks I am gay, not that being gay is a bad thing, or not hearing is a bad thing, or understanding lyrics is a bad thing, or bad things are bad things

----------------

On 11/19/2004 8:46:57 PM cluless wrote:

A. This is the first REM CD that I have ever listened to where I understood the lyrics.

B. This the first REM CD that I have ever bought where the lyrics have been published.

C. The CD really sucks.

----------------

Oh man that sucks. I used to love R.E.M. in the 80s, gave them the benefit of the doubt in the 90's, but these last 5 to 6 years are proof that they've lost it. And to put out that lame greatest hits album last year seemed like such a sell out.

I never like U2 much but their new one sounds like it might be kind of good. Sure doesn't seem like R.E.M. have a good song left in them.

----------------

On 11/21/2004 12:22:38 AM garymd wrote:

Like so many before them. How many more failed attempts before they just give it up and wait for the senior tour.
15.gif

----------------

Unfortunately, I think their contract with their record label requires them to put out another 3 or 4 records.

----------------

On 11/20/2004 10:44:27 PM scott0527 wrote:

Oh man that sucks. I used to love R.E.M. in the 80s, gave them the benefit of the doubt in the 90's, but these last 5 to 6 years are proof that they've lost it. And to put out that lame greatest hits album last year seemed like such a sell out.

I never like U2 much but their new one sounds like it might be kind of good. Sure doesn't seem like R.E.M. have a good song left in them.

----------------

I have to agree...I loved them practically from the beginning, and saw them on every tour since Fables (1984?). But since Berry left, their passion seems to be gone too. Seems like they put the electric guitars in storage and only have mandolins laying around. This year's tour is the first I've missed, and not by accident.

The biggest waste is Mike Mills, he has such a great bass style. It's more like the left hand on the piano than it is traditional bass playing. He's the big talent in the group, and he's not being used.

REM still has good music in them, I just know it, and I think they need to rein in the Michael Stipe ego machine. Seems like he thinks his lyrics are so important that the music needs to be restrained so he can make his proound statements.

And yes, U2's new one is good.