Klipsch Jackets would sell great on forum!

Daddy Dee

Amy:

I'm surprised that you would EVER think that we would hate you.

You're getting things done, keeping an eye on us and have a sense of humour.

What more could we ask for - at least me anyway.

Plus you have brown hair and glasses. Now tell me that you have Blue Eyes also.

dodger

That jacket is a little lame, no wonder it didn't sell. You need to come up with something with a little style. How about a leather bomber jacket with a Klipschorn stamped into the back of it. Some Harley Davidison jackets have some nice stamped or raised lettering in their jackets.

McIntosh has some decent stuff on their website. I bought guite a bit of it last year for X-mass gifts.

Amy, how bout a:

1) list of wants, jackets, tshirts, hats, etc.

2) design contest on the Forum, to be approved by marketing, smoothed by your designer, etc.

3) take advance orders over Forum so you don't hideously over order the wrong sizes, etc.

4) you've got employees, would they wear the stuff? How about store employees like the guys at Ovation. More sales = lower price= faster turn.

Just trying to help

Michael

----------------

On 12/1/2004 8:00:09 AM kev313 wrote:

Maybe if you start talking politics or SVS someone will come.

----------------

ha haaaaaaaaaa that was funny KEV. TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN. I done gots to have one of those Klipsch ULTRA model jackets in size XXX "If you build it they will come"

• Like 1

You have no idea Tom.

One young gal did that cleve thing and looked up with those big doe eyes and asked me:

"looks like somewhere where you could put something, doesn't it? Thats what you were thinking, weren't you?" This from a 19 year old to a 46 year old man. UNFAIR!!!

I was a senior in high school in 1970 and went to see a show at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia. I can't remember who the headliners were, but Zephyr was the opening act. I don't know how old Tommy Bolin was then but he was probably younger than me. As I recall he played a sunburst Les Paul and of course made heavy use of his trademark Echoplex sound.

Zephyr did their big rave up "Cross the River" and when they went from the jazz break back into that hammering 4/4 groove I was stupified. I went out and bought the "bathtub" album the next day. I don't think anything Bolin did later ever reached that standard of brilliance, although some of the stuff with Billy Cobham and later with Alphonse Mouzon was pretty cool.

I'll have to check out the Bolin fan site, I probably have missed some great stuff he did over the years. Ever hear of a group called "Listening" from 1969? They were out of Boston and did some cool jazzy bluesy fusion stuff. One hit wonders with one album out on Vanguard before they apparently got fried by drugs--sad.

Not stuck in the 60's--I like a lot of new bands too. Anyone seen the Detroit Cobras?

Best in horns,

triceratops

Back to Jackets and other promo knick-knacks.

Clothing is a tough thing to get just right, especially promo stuff. As Nigel Tufnel once said "There's a thin line between cool and stupid..." or something to that effect.

I would suggest classic looks that don't go out of style would be appropriate for Klipsch promo gear. PRS guitars (maker of super quality guitars) and others have done embroidered touring jackets with detailed graphics. Another variation would be the embroidered Japanese "baseball" jackets that were sold to American GIs in occupied post-war Japan and later in Korea and 'Nam. These were popular in the 1960's and 70's when a lot of returning vets brought them home for themselves or their kids. These jackets are often polyester satin (to look like silk) or velour.

Sometimes both materials are used as the jackets are usually reversible so you have two different embroidered patterns that you can display. Usually one side is more garish and colorful, the other side more tasteful and sedate. The idea is you can wear the loud side out for a rock show and then flip it around and slide right into a nice restaurant.

In recent years there have been some high-quality reproductions of this style of jacket made that are even more elaborate than the originals due to modern computerized embroidery machines. I'll post some pictures of examples if anyone is interested.

Of course, there's always T shirts.

Best in horns,

triceratops

Not to highjack, but thanks for the Bolin memories Triceratops. Tommy was born Aug 1, 51, so he was 18 or 19 when you saw him. But he did look very young. He came to Indy with Deep Purple, but I was barely seeing concerts then 1977. There is a nice 2 disc boxed set Tommy Bolin The Ultimate with tour book, or the Tommy Bolin Archives has about 20 CD's out ! Everything from remixed live stuff with Energy (the band that never got a recording contract) to Deep Purple rehersals, to basement tapes with Tommy multitracking himself. They have done tribute concerts in Denver and Sioux City.

Michael

now back to our regularly scheduled discussion.

AMY- coffee mugs please. Black, with gold 'batman' logo, you know like in the upper left hand corner of dis very page! It is coffee season you know. tres cool.

THere's a little company in Indy that does this stuff in smaller quantites Contact Advertising Specialties at 842-8921 or 842-8141 ask for Janet. They're on 86th street near Dean road.

I... want... my.... babybackbabybackbabybackbabybackbabyback...ribs

dunno, that just popped into my head.

AMY- you have 30 days or we're gonna highjack your trademarks, make our own, and just hand em out! HA Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Just another member wanting to give Klipsch some money for a shirt/jacket/hat with probably 2-300% markup from cost, not to mention the benefits of free word of mouth advertising for their company from some of their most devout customers, and the name exposure that would cost the company thousands if they tried to do it by advertising. Besides, I assume you do your advertising budget based on demographic studies, which means you don't advertise in This Month In Gardening or Good Housekeeping. However, I'm willing to bet that 90% of the addresses that subscribe to those magazines also have either a stereo of some sort or a computer, if not both. What better way to get your name in front of these people than to have people wearing your name when they walk around the mall or go to a resturant?

Not harping here, just food for thought for Mr/Mrs Needs To Be Made Aware.