What all 2-Channel purists must strive for...

nicholtl

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes some sense now. Being in the business position he is in he:

1) Has the disposable income to put this room together.

2) Probably needs the decompression chamber.

I am in the automotive business on the corporate side and I see the stress / hours, etc. these guys deal with. Good for him.

----------------

On 11/21/2004 9:36:29 PM lipinski wrote:

Only thing this room needs is strippers.

----------------

And a buffet table.

Jesus, I still can't get over how fantastic this room is, and how great a taste he has. Wonder if he built the room himself, or if all that construction work was professional?

This is obviously a mighty impressive setup and I have no reason to beleive it doesnt sound just as good as it looks.

The title of the thread, however, I have issues with.

This is exactly what I dont want. Listening to music is something of an isolationist experienced anyway - the last thing I need is to go off and create a "me-only" room to disappear into once and for all.

One of the most important things for me is to have my listening system in the living room where I am, at least, physically accessible and surrounded by the comforts of familly living if not by the family itself.

This seems to me to be one step away from renting a separate appartment somewhere and dedicating it to your audio hobby.

I can fully see others wanting exactly the setup this guy has - it brings to mind those that create full cinema's in their home (which at least is potentially a shared experience).

One chair - as others have pointed out - is somewhat sad in such a huge room surrounded by such opulence somehow.

For all the expensive gear, care and attention to detail, it is supprising that he used romex for the power wiring system! That is about as cheep a way to go as you could do. Personaly I HATE romex, conduit and seperate wires are the way to go. In my shop that I am building, all the wiring is in conduit, see my posted pictures for a view of the shop.

http://www.keenjunk.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10014

I know I will NEVER spend that much on an audio system but as others have said, it is sad that only one person can enjoy it at a time.

The guy´s kids are grown up according to his bio, I assume they no longer sit down with dad to listen to music....to be honest most of my serious listening is done alone.

I spend a lot of time with friends and family, but the music is almost always background to the social event/happenings. when I want to have a deep emotional experience music-wise it is 90% of the time just lil´ole´me, and my desire to listen to "my music", sometimes loudly, is not always appreciated by everyone in my home (who cannot escape hearing what I hear).

I am in the process of designing my new home and I have run into a similar problem, I want a full-blown home theatre, a dedicated one one with couches, projector, etc. BUT if I locate my main music listening system there I will not be able to enjoy it whenever anyone in the family (and the group of friends) wants to watch a movie...SO...I have pretty much come up with the same thing, I will have, besides the home theatre room, a "study" for my private listening. It will have books and magazines as well, perhaps a tv BUT it will be used for moments when I (or any family/or friends want to enjoy a focused musical experience)...and naturally it will have a main music chair smack dab in the middle of the sweet spot. I may have a couch and others chiars in the room but there will be a main seat (mine)...no avoiding that in my case (like mikels) I will gravitate towards a similar set up.

re: equipment, I will stay with my khorns and tubes for my main listening system, I think I must have different taste in sound judging by mikel´s system (though those tenor amps surwe look nice!), my triamp k-horn frankenstein system is planned for this listening room.

warm regards, tony

I too have a single seat in my audio listening room the advantage is not having to hear the slobbering & drooling of my guests. Although at times if they behave and keep their big mouths shut. Ill place a few uncomfortable chaires And give them dry bread and water.

Bizarre. I finally looked at the actual photos after reading all the posts. Envy? It did nothing for me - well I liked the shelving and the room design itself. The equipment, placement, feel of the room - ugh. I immediately get a funeral home vibe. Nothing in there appealed to my tastes, aesthethics, or pocket book. If I could afford it, I would reject any suggestion that offered to duplicate it. Interesting to see what appeals to some people though; different strokes and all.

----------------

On 11/22/2004 10:24:30 AM Anarchist wrote:

Bizarre. I finally looked at the actual photos after reading all the posts. Envy? It did nothing for me - well I liked the shelving and the room design itself. The equipment, placement, feel of the room - ugh. I immediately get a funeral home vibe. Nothing in there appealed to my tastes, aesthethics, or pocket book. If I could afford it, I would reject any suggestion that offered to duplicate it. Interesting to see what appeals to some people though; different strokes and all.

----------------

Your kids must have such a hard time figuring out what to get you for Christmas, Anarchist. You are so, so difficult to please.

3.gif But I like that though. You don't easily get swayed by popular opinion (as we both know) and stick to your guns. You are still my hero.

Note to MaxG... You should look this guy up, I see he's a member of the Audiophile Club of Athens. Maybe you could get yourself invited over, let us know if this system sounds as impressive as it looks. Heck, he might even bring another chair for you to sit in!

I will say it looks very spartan and sterile to me, but would still like to have his equipment for a test listen of a few months in a good room.