Giving Thanks

dodger

Greetings:

In the event that I am not on tomorrow or Thursday, I wish all a Happy Thanksgiving.

For me I give Thanks for new cyber-friends there are too many to list. For GaryMD, Chris Robinson, Chris King, Josh Nichol, Formica, Nicholtl, Fini, Picky and others with whom I have had contact in one form or another.

My Thanks go to Klipsch for the Forum, For Amy, Steve Phillips, Steve Bailey, Trey all of whom have done a great job babysitting us and helping when needed. And for humour.

For those that have helped me, Thank You. For those corresponding by way of Posting or otherwise, Thank You.

To Daddy Dee, I give special Thanks as does my Family.

Wayne P., Paul a Thank You.

For anyone that I have left out, I apologize, but within me a part remembers you and gives Thanks for you.

May you all have a Blessed (within your Faith or if you prefer none) Thanksgiving hopefully with those you care about. May a peace be in all Countries and to my "Nephew" and his Intended.

May we all enjoy and give our Thanks on Thursday, this Thanksgiving.

Thank you all for this space and for reading this post.

Win dodger

I think that we should all bow our heads and offer up a moment of thanks to the world's turkey population. 1.gif

I'd also like to offer up some thanks that some of the forum members here that have been experiencing troubled times are managing to persevere.

Everyone have a great holiday!

Happy holiday(s) to all.

I have MUCH to be thankful for. (thank you God)

I am off thanksgiving day because I said so 2.gif

we will be having our parents over, and I hope to watch my first football game of the season.

The pool in the backyard is a nice 85 degrees, so I may go swimming9.gif

avman

Happy Thanksgiving all! I plan to relax and spend some time with my family, watch a few movies, listen to some music, and drink some awesome local micro brews - life is good and I have lots to be thankful for this year.

The Klipsch gods were very good to me this past year.

I too am thankfull for many things, My family, the cyber friends I have made here, the sound advice I recieved in puting my system together (pun intended), the protection given to us by our troops in country and in far away lands, my church family for the support they have given my family, to Win, FZN, and others that have sold me quality items to further my quest into the audio hobby and last but most important, to the Lord Jesus Christ who is my salvation.

To help us remember what this day is about I quote:

Thanksgiving Proclamation

George Washington

City of New York, October 3, 1789

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor, and Whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanks-giving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness."

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th. day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be. That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks, for his kind care and protection of the People of this country previous to their becoming a Nation, for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his providence, which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war, for the great degree of tranquillity, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed, for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted, for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions, to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually, to render our national government a blessing to all the People, by constantly being a government of wise, just and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed, to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shown kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord. To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease of science among them and Us, and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

When clouds of despair darken the road ahead, I always try to grab the wheel tightly, count my blessings and force a broad smile to my lips: I am NOT ugly, ill, dumb or poor. I know love and I am loved. What more can anyone ask for? So why NOT be happy!

Happy family days everybody!

9.gif

Thank you all for your kind words.

In writing this thread I did not note all of our Service Troops, Emergency Personnel and Food Service/Retail people. May they have Peace.

My "Nephew" and his Intended are serving us in Iraq. I note "Nephew" as he is my Cousin's Son, but we are closer than that. So in my mind while writing, I had our Troops in mind but did not note them separately.

On a plus minus, I now have an abscessed tooth and will not be able to eat at my In-Laws tomorrow.

Gee, I feel so bad.9.gif.

Penicillin and Vicodon will be the main staples. I just will have to cook my own in a couple of days. When it is said that the Lord works in mysterious ways This is proof.

Thank you all, may your travel be safe and your day be filled with well being. May you also be with loved ones when you can be.

Thanks to all in Food Service and Retail - you should be able to be home, as our Troops and all I mentioned. May your day be as easy as possible.

Thanks,

Win

----------------

On 11/24/2004 7:04:36 AM cluless wrote:

I think that we should all bow our heads and offer up a moment of thanks to the world's turkey population.
1.gif

Everyone have a great holiday!

----------------

Dont worry about the turkey population

From what Ive seen on TV we better start worrying about the PEOPLE population!

TURKEY STUFFING1.JPG