Giving Thanks

dodger

A resounding Happy Thanksgiving day to all here. Thank you members and administrators for taking me into your fold and making me feel welcome, in spite of some of the stupid questions I ask.

Thank you Lord for all that I have, thanks to my friends and family for the love we share, even if we are seperated by distance, thank you to all of our troops, past and present, for defending our right's and freedoms, thanks to all of our customers, even if you never see this, for supporting my business and spreading good words about our service. Thanks in general for just being alive, healthy, employed marginally profitably, loved, needed and wanted. Thanks to the doctors that helped us realize our little miracle, Claire. And last but not least, thanks to all of you, again, for tolerating my sometimes long-winded writing skills.

HOWEVER....

I am having a tough time being thankful for the fact that yesterday, one of my guys dropped the oil on an Explorer that was up in the air getting a new fuel pump, once the gas tank was back in place, it got taken for a test drive, the guy doing the pump hadn't dropped the oil, today the guy that did drop the oil was delivering a customer home, the pump got back in, that guy didn't pay attention to the gauges on the test drive, it got driven maybe 1 mile with no oil, now we have a crankshaft/bearing noise, will probably cost me 2-3 grand to get resolved to the customers satisfaction. NOT the kind of phone call I wanted to make the day before Thanksgiving, not that there's ever a good time, but I know he was planning on using it to get to his families house for the holiday. I guess I can be thankful that it wasn't me who was getting the phone call??

14.gif

Eat too much, drink just enough, and sleep all you want. Enjoy the holiday everyone.

A PRETTY GOOD JOKE FOR THANKSGIVING

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a

bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the

bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried

and tried to change the bird's attitude by saying only polite words,

playing soft music and doing anything else he could think of to clean

up the bird's vocabulary. Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at

the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the

parrot got angrier and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his

hands, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then

suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a

minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the

door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's

outstretched arms and said, "I believe I may have offended you with my

rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my

inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can

to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such

a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what

the turkey did?"

----------------

On 11/24/2004 5:49:04 PM nicholtl wrote:

Eat until the buttons on your shirt are primed to shoot like an M-16, take a breather, hit the toilet to lighten the load, and then eat some more.

----------------

Nick,

Isn't that an old Scottish blessing? Seems I remember Grandma Maisie saying that before every Thanksgiving...

I have tons to be thankful for, myself. For the last few weeks, my Mom has been feeling pretty damn good! She is exercising, as the physical therapist has taught her, breathing correctly (and is more body-aware), and has a hopeful outlook. Next week we'll be moving her to a different "board & care" where (hopefully) she will get more social stimulation. Here's a shot from last Sunday, at my daughter's 16th birthday party (L to R: Mom, my daughter, my mother-in-law):

mom_beth_daisy.jpg

Of course, I'm very thankful for my beautiful family, and my good friends, including my pals here on the forum. Thank you, all!

Hi Gang,

I'm just grateful to be alive after some of the things I've been through in my life. Grateful for a few good friends and also many distant but 'soft spot in my heart for ya' guys and gals I've met over the Forum.

Especially to IndyKlipshFan, an oldtime mate, with whom I've managed to become reacquainted soley because of the Klipsch Forum. Indy, old chum, we have more in common than either of us realize. May we both (okay all of us) pause a while today to be thankful for those family members who have passed on for all they have done for us in our lives, the influence and guidance throughout our formative years that has made us the insightful and sometimes silly lot that we are today.

Ok, this is not the most religious or heartfelt stuff on this thread, but have a laugh on me. After all, like Grandpa said, "My ma and pa were a barrel of laughs, that's why I'm half nuts"...

Top 10 Things That Sound Dirty at

Thanksgiving But Aren't...

10. "Talk about a huge breast!"

9. "It's a little dry, do you still want to eat it?"

8. "Don't play with your meat."

7. "Just spread the legs open & stuff it in."

6. "I didn't expect everyone to come at once!"

5. "You still have a little bit on your chin."

4. "How long will it take after you stick it in?"

3. "You'll know it's ready when it pops up."

2. "That's the biggest one I've ever seen!"

1. "How long do I beat it before it's ready?"

Michael

I can't top Michael's humorous post, or fini's favorite ladies pic, or Dodger's and many other's countless blessings. But I can be thankful also to this extended Klipsch family and all its members, my own family who's spread across this great nation, and to all our troops throughout the world who cannot be home this day (I know how that feels...I used to be one of 'em)!

And I'm also thankful my bros finally gave up smoking 6 months ago after smoking for nearly half their lives! This pic, taken a year ago as a goof, was my first (and last) cigarette after having quit in '86; my brothers Tom (on the left) and Charles (right) have had a rough go of it since quitting cold turkey, but they swear they haven't touched a cig for 6 months and counting! I (center) look like I'm ready to have a heart attack right there my face is so red (it's been about 18 years since I last lit up, and I got a major buzz from that damn thing...cough...wheeze)!

There's so much to be thankful for, so say a lil' prayer, and enjoy the day!1.gif

P1201271_crop.jpg

post-11084-13819259515254_thumb.jpg