"LFE" channel or "Line In" channel better for sub?

yoha

Hi folks,

just wondering whether the single cable(LFE) or 2 cables(Line In) perform usually better for a sub. Although, the sub i bought(RW-12) comes with a "convertor cable" for the Line In(single to dual), it looks cheap and not good quality, wondering if i need to buy "higher grade" cable to replace the stock one.

Best Regards,

Yoha

I based my most recent decision with my speakers (KSP-400 fronts, with built-in subs), on the ouput from my receiver (Denon AVR-3300). There's nuttin' marked "LFE Out", so I use sub out to line in at the 400s' input terminals (which looks a bit like the control panel in an airliner, although I am only guessing, and probably exagerating a bit).

The biggest different is the LFE input on your sub bypasses the internal crossover, which you will want to do if you are running x-over in your receiver. However, some feel they get stronger bass response by using a y-adapter to split the signal and plug it into the 2 line-in inputs. If you do that, and you are using the x-over in your receiver, be sure and set the sub's crossover to as high a setting as possible to get it out of the way.

Try both methods and use which sounds best to you.

Dougdrake,

When you said "....using he x-over in your receiver, be sure and set the sub's crossover to as high a setting as possible to get it out of the way.", which knob adjust the sub's crossover? is it the lowpass or the phase knob?

Best Regards,

Yohannes