RW-12 sub keep on returning to "standby" mode everytime

yoha

Hi folks,

i just got the RW-12 sub and my sub keep on "dying" on me. In other words, everytime i listen to music / watch movies, i need to set the switch @ the back of the subwoofer to "on" so that it will start producing bass even though it is on "auto" which i read should turn on (light indicator turns green). Then if i change it to "auto", the indicator light stays on green which is good. But after a few minutes, it returns to "stand by" again(light indicator becomes red) and not producing anything and now i need to turn the switch to "on" again and so on. Anyone has experienced something like this on your sub? btw, i set the sub vol to half. I connect the sub to my Denon AVR-3805 via LFE channel, phase is @ 90*, Lowpass: 85 Hz. Thanks for any suggestion and help

Best Regards,

Yoha

Try cranking the LFE output on your reciever and then use the volume knob on the subwoofer to control to the sub's volume.

If this still doesn't work, you can purchase a Y-Splitter that'll convert your single cable into 2 RCA plugs. Then plug into the L and R inputs on the back of the sub. Because of the way it's wired, this effectively gives you an addition 6dB of input into your sub which should help trigger the auto power feature. Again, if this doesn't work, crank the output on your reciever and adjust the volume from the sub.

Hope this helps

Hi guys,

I originally connect my receiver to the sub via LFE but then i tried to connect the sub cable to a a Y-splitter connection that came with the sub. The result is the same. It;s true that when i watch drama movie, which does not have a lot of bass, the light indicator is always red. I guess is this normail for RW-12 or any sub with auto/on function being unsensitive to even subtle signal?

Ygmn, when you listen to classic or soft music with the sub set to "auto" and decent sound volume, does it turn green?

Best Regards,

Yohannes

Hi guys,

actually i need to turn up the volume moderately high for any movies, songs whose bass' signal is then detected by the sub. i mean it make sense really. if the volume of the movie/music is that low, why should the sub fire its bass when none is needed. so i can say thankfully that my sub is not broken. Thank you for all the inputs all of u gave.

Best Regards,

Yohannes