servo technology

vleeb

Do the Klipsh RSW series use servo technology?

I'm not sure yet if this is good or bad, just some reading so far indicates that it has come a long way - up to 16,000 times a second for the correction (maybe faster, but this is the highest I've seen).

I would love to know what you all think - I'm wanting to upgrade the next piece of the puzzle - so far I have RB-75's, RC-7, RS-7's, HK AVR525 and a small cheap infinity sub. I will eventually upgrade the reciever and hopefully be done for a long while.

Even though I want some good booms for the movies, I don't want to compromise tight bass for the music.

Thanks

Some servo types do not have to be sealed. It is just recommended... Since servo is meant to lower distortion, mainly, it would be most worthwhile to use a sealed box which also has lower inherent distortion than vented types. However, one can still use servo technology in a vented application. Even still, I don't think the RSW are servo.

Do you consider the RSW12 a fast sub?

I just don't have the time to get a bunch of different subs and try them - we have a very limited selection of high end shops here and I don't think I'm in the market for what CC and BB have in stock.

I am willing to give up some boom in the movies to prevent muddy sounding bass in the music.

Thanks

----------------

On 12/1/2004 12:17:55 PM vleeb wrote:

Do you consider the RSW12 a fast sub? ... I am willing to give up some boom in the movies to prevent muddy sounding bass in the music.

----------------

Yes... the RSW12 is a muscial sub which matchs your criteria, as it gives up a little low end for excellent musicality. It's also a visual match to your mains.

In case you have left over budget, stepping up to the RSW15 will give you a little more bass extension and more SPL capability... but i don't think you need the SPL given you are matching it to bookshelf speakers.

Rob