Image of my HT setup

myriadcorp

Well finally got around to making the images small enough to post. Here are the photos of my living room and basement systems.

Living room;

Marantz TV

Marantz MA700 Mono block amps

Marantz AV550 Pre amp.

Pioneer Elite Laser disc

JVC VCR

Sony DVD

Paradigm Studio 100's, LCR 450's, and Servo 15 Sub

Panamax Power Center

Basment:

Samsung 5674 TV

Marantz MM9000 amp

B&K Ref 50 S2 Pre amp

Philipps DVD

Klipsch RF35's, RC7, RS7's, and SVS PB12-plus/2 sub

Monster Power Center 5100

I am just getting stuff into the basement right now so its pretty bare down there. There is some minor work I need to finish but I finally was able to watch a movie down there last night. Spiderman 2 sounded great on the system. That sub is insane. If you have the DVD crank up the part when Dr.Oc begins his fusion with the Machine. It sounded like he was in my room.

More photos below.

post-16336-13819259655296_thumb.jpg

Thanks.. Yeah I saw that thread after someone bumped it. The RC7 wouldnt fit in the shelf below the tv its too small. It has a bar that would block it. The paradigm system is the one I purchased when the house was built in 1998. I finally got the basement done and wanted another system with HDTV. So I went with the Klipsch speakers on that one. I also have another HT in my bedroom that has a 27inch Sony XBR and Marantz receiver. Its a nice little system and the crazy thing is I watch alot of tv there. Mostly when I go to bed or lay down and take a nap after work.

Does anyone know how to post pictures so they display in your message and not the 1 download per reply thing?

Myriad, check down in the WEBSITE section of the forum, there's a great thread on posting pics.

basically theres just a line you have to type in your message to get it to show up. I tried to list it here for you but evidently I'm not technical enough to do that lol...check the website section, it's all down there.

Very nice myriad! Both systems are very tastefully done. Like nicholti, I too like the style of your home and the colors are very nice! Was the basement finished off when the home was built or did that come later? The reason I ask is because it looks to be finished in the same manner as the living room. So if it was finished after the home was built, whomever did it did a nice job in matching it to the rest of the house.

So do you like the Ref.50 S2? I got a call from my salesman friend Mark that mine came in today. WOOHOO!!1.gif

Tom

ps: I noticed in your living room shot all the remotes on the coffee table. Are you doing a review of remote controls for some magazine? 2.gif2.gif

LOL yeah the remote table. The marantz remote can control everything if I would take the time to program it. I have tons of remotes everywhere. The best thing about the basement system is the Universal remote that comes with the Ref 50. It controls everything. I love how you can download the codes from the web and load them onto the remote. The Ref 50 is a great pre amp.

The basement was unfinished after we built the house. I planned on getting it done back in 1999. We started it up and then stopped because of the cost. We matched all the woodwork as the upstairs. My bar in the basement is done with the same wood and stain as my kitchen. A majority of the work was done by my brother and other firefighters. I am a firefighter and you can find lots of people that do great work on the department. I just cant wait until we get the basment decorated and totally finished. Right now I am leaning to a pool table. Guess I will take my wife to a local pool hall and see if she likes to shoot pool. If she does we will get a table for the basement.

The klipsch speakers are very sweet. Those RF35's really sound good. I was considering upgrading to the RF7's but after hearing the Rf35's I dont know if the extra cost is really worth it. I know they sound even better but its going to cost alot more.

Well its hard to compare because I have a 1998 pre amp running the paradigms and a 2004 running the klipsch. Naturally the new pre amp is going to sound better. I would say the studio 100's > RF35's, the RC7 and RS7's > LCR 450's. and the PB12plus/2 > Servo 15.

They both sound good. The AV550 Marantz Pre amp is becoming dated though. I can live with it for awhile though.

Very nice setup indeed. I've been wondering myself how framed in cavities for the TV and Speakers would work out and here you have it done in your upstairs setup. Any heat issues because of lack of air flow? Any unwanted vibrations or what did you do to minimize them?

~Cheers~

• 5 weeks later...

----------------

On 12/4/2004 1:44:18 PM Pako wrote:

Very nice setup indeed. I've been wondering myself how framed in cavities for the TV and Speakers would work out and here you have it done in your upstairs setup. Any heat issues because of lack of air flow? Any unwanted vibrations or what did you do to minimize them?

~Cheers~

----------------

No vibrations except my fireplace. But it would vibrate regardless of the speaker placement. The heat and stuff for the tv and other speakers are fine. The port on those fronts is in the front of the speaker so it works nice enclosed.