Where do YOU work?

neomartic

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 12/3/2004 11:01:32 PM gpbusa wrote:

Native Texan... Living in Grand Prairie, TX (suburb of Dallas).

I'm a Budget Analyst for the
Internal Revenue Service
(18+ years) in Dallas.
----------------

no sir...

that home theater system didn't cost $20,000..... honest....

it just sounds that good because of the Klipsch speakers..... really..... i'm not lying...

2.gif

----------------

On 12/3/2004 7:24:48 PM nicholtl wrote:

Director and screenwriter.
----------------

Did you make that movie where they did it in the kitchen, and then the limo, and then the yatch, and then the...

9.gif

As I am sure many of you know, I work part time at Best Buy in home theater. I am going to college here in Reno and am shooting for a BS or MBA in some sort of business. Still trying to decide exactly what I want to do. I am not a people person and would rather work in with product, strategy, marketing, or something where I step back from the people and do some of the 'behind the scenes' stuff in a company. I LOVE working with small, steady groups of people and I like meeting new people, but I just hate droves of people.

Anyway, I am a car freak, HT buff, computer geek, photography nerd, etc. and I want to get a job that will allow me to presue these hobbies.

I am 19 and (hopefully) have a few years ahead of me.

I usually tell people I work in construction... my girlfriend hates it when I do that, even though it's kinda true. I'm actually an Engineer (building).

----------------

On 12/3/2004 9:03:46 PM DeanG wrote:

2 hours to go 20 miles? Have you considered commuting via horseback?

----------------

Lol... I was thinking the same thing. Would be more relaxing, no? It takes me 8 to 10min on an average day. I guess speed limits are somewhat higher here... 9.gif

----------------

On 12/3/2004 10:41:08 PM psg wrote:

See for example:

On the side, I dabble in free software:

----------------

Both those pictures look familiar doc. Maybe you should ask for a digital camera for x-mass? 3.gif

Rob

I did audio for about 30 years, now I do death from above (radio for military stuff).

Right now we are winding down the line for the F_ighter D_ata L_ink, so if you need one for your F15, better get your order in.

If you have an aircraft carrier, be prepared to wait, we're back-ordered on the HPA.

Hey, Leeroy! I think you are the smallest nuke plant now that they closed the Ames one. Is it true that they only pull the rods out when the farmers need to dry their corn?

I presently do computer support at a small Presbyterian college that sits on top of Lookout Mountain, GA. Been there since '96. Before that I did the same at a government contractor in Chattanooga (flight control systems, X-43, robotics).

Worked as TV news photog. in Peoria, Ill, Memphis, TN. Moved to Madison WI, and worked on production staff for small weekly newspaper.

Then moved to Chattanooga, TN. Worked for the daily paper there before the gov. contractor job.

Managed to get two of the three kids through college, after homeschooling them all the way through high school. One left to go, hopefully this next Fall.

Oh yeah, play guitar/dobro/lap steel. Tried to make a living that way but it's more for fun than anything else. Have some studio equipment. Have done engineering/mixing for friends over the years, and they are still trying to make it, even after five albums (vinyl and CDs 9.gif )

Marvel

I'm a manufacturing manager for a medical device company located in Fort Worth (we make power tools to bore into your skull 6.gif). Maintaining and cruising around in my 1968 ChrisCraft (as well as to audio obsession) helps me to keep my sanity!

----------------

On 12/3/2004 10:41:08 PM psg wrote:

See for example:

On the side, I dabble in free software:

----------------

Both those pictures look familiar doc. Maybe you should ask for a digital camera for x-mass?
3.gif

Rob

----------------

It's a cool picture so I tend to use it instead of hunting around. It was taken in the middle of the Gulf of St. Lawrence on drifting ice. I do a survey of the water masses in the Gulf every March by helicopter, landing on the ice or sampling from stationary flight with the door open. Fun stuff.

Retired US Public Health Service, formerly involved with the Council on Graduate Medical Education (GME = physician residency, i.e., post-MD training) and implementing the children's hospital GME payment program. Became interested in classical music before high school, dabbled in hi-fi from after college. Studying music theory at present, am treasurer of a local Beethoven society.

Larry