Who ARE these people

colterphoto1

Ok, I've been spend WAAAYY too much time chatting up on this Forum, but is the most intelligent and humorous conversation around. Just wondering, when you look at the topics page, there's say 6-40 responses to most posts, but sometimes hundreds of views.

Who are these 'lurkers'?

Why won't they join us?

How long did you 'lurk' (for lack of better term) before you joined in the fray?

Not to be paranoid, but is there any danger in giving away too much personal information, getting too chummy, inviting others to view/listen to our systems etc. from folks who msg/email but haven't really taken part in the general discussions?

Just wondering or is it wandering, I'm not too sure.

Michael

Hey Damon, like the new signature line! That's positive thinking. Frz is having the Ebay seller ship me everything, getting the $$ xfered this week. Now all I gotta do is get a little elbow room in the garage. Can't fit lawnmower in let alone a car or Cornwall.LOL

Michael

I lurk a lot more than I post!

I knew that when I gave my views on power ratings,It would have some backlash/voodoo against me.

Lets just say that the day of the Bryston/Gemstone debate,I went to the AVS forum and the top 7 questions were H/K problems.

H/K isnt without fault in regards to the digital drop issue,but it DID seem that it was a statistical anomaly/set up towards me.

I also noticed the name Tomski was allready taken.Hmmmm?

Well I can only assume then that some of my views were understood.

1.gif

Also I tend to back out of the posts,so I may be signed in one minute and not signed in the next.

Tomski

I too look at threads way more than I post. Most of the time it is either an issue that I have nothing to offer or, for lack of a better way to put it, I am not interested in the thread once I read the initial post. I post quite a bit (I think) but yeah I drive up the view statistics way more than the post statistics.

BTW: Michael don't worry too much about your personal info and could you please scan your credit card one more time and perhaps you thumb print, thanks2.gif

Hi Michael...

(wrote this up earlier but previewed and lost it...7.gif )

I've lurked for a while but just recently (this past weekend) have purchased a pair of Forte II's ...My primary reason was research and get the "current" thoughts by users about Klipsch's. I was introduced to them 20+ years ago, and have been in love with them since (in my memory)...I finally (2 kids, 2 houses, etc, etc later) got aroundtoit, and got the Forte II's.

THEY SOUND WONDERFUL...EVEN BETTER THAN I REMEMBERED..

I just want to thank y'all for finally helping me act instead of thinking about it...

Thanks for the reminder to contribute...Will try and do more...

Steve

Greetings to the new Posters.

Well Michael, this really is area 51, I plan to try utilizing my transporter on my music to make it a little lighter for this time of year.

Now that you have been made aware you must babysit for Amy one night per week. Also annual photos of her baby.

I like sunsets or the full moon. Not a pro, but have some beauties from Hawaii the ocean in full moon.

some nice sunsets too. The only place that I have gone that I don't have a sunset photo is my favorite State - Vermont.

Well by now you realize that I am an alien life force powered by the sun, gravitate to the moon when it is full - nicer parties.

Happy Holidays Earthlings,

dodger

Michael,

Here is one from a newbie... but I guess I don't feel bad as I discovered this forum today and the fun has been great at lurking (reading) many threads. Very informative and lot's of knowledge here. I was born overseas many years ago and had an Uncle open my eyes with his system at the time with Klipsch and HH Scott gear, Garrard turntable and Sony reel to reel. What is very interesting is that somehow we are going back in search of great sound. I know I am ... as I am a DIY tube type of guy... searching this time for a pair of Forte's to complement my modest 12W amp still in the workbench.... almost ready to sing 3.gif

Cheers,

Alex

Welcome Alex G.

As to Michael's question at the top, each and every time a thread is looked at, it registers another view. Let's say ten people look at it intially. Once someone responds, maybe the ten will look at it again to see what was just said. So it registers 20 views, but it's still only those original ten people who have seen it, they've just seen it twice each.

When there is something really interesting going on, a person might check out the thread several times a day. It's very easy for the numbers to grow large, but even on a thread with 500 views, it may actually have been looked at by, say, only 100 different individuals.

Keen observation Paul, as you are wont to make.

Perhaps some folks misread my meaning. I certainly wasn't complaining of those 'peeking in' on us, more interested in getting them to join in occasionally. I began as a 'lurker' as well (can't we coin a better phrase) but quickly became a 'chatty cathy'. How else ya gonna learn but by asking a lot of questions, jumping with both feet and just buy a whole lotta Klipsch! Yes, I'd say my collections has about doubled in the year I've been here. Up to about 20 Klipsch speakers in the house currently. Not to mention all the other brands and PA junk in the garage. What, you mean everyone doesn't have a TRI-amped PA in their garage?

So join us, won't you?

Michael