Klipsch mods

emmet2u

Boy you sure got happy with the modeling clay! The ALK's look stellar and probably provided most of the improvement that you hear. Good to see that you replaced the original wiring as well. If you want some nice gold plated crimp on spade lugs that fit in the terminal blocks try Parts Express.

Colorful isn't it! I used what my son didn't for an art project he was doing. I had a new block of black, but I figured he could use that for a project that other people will see.

The ALK's are the piece that I had been missing for a long time. It is a pleasure to sit back and listen, and NOT analyze.

----------------

On 12/7/2004 1:45:26 PM emmet2u wrote:

Final view. This shows the ALK in all its glory. Al, you did a GREAT JOB on this xover. My friends that have heard it say this is the best sounding Klipsch they have ever heard.
9.gif
---------------

If your friends are like my friends, those are the ONLY Klipsch they have ever heard

1.gif

So what's up? Al says he didn't build those?

No, Al did not build them, but he did desing them. As such he deserves the praise for the great job that he did on them. I built them from his posted design on the ALK web site.

So when I say thank you AL, it is for the work he has done, and the fact that he was willing to share it with all of us.

As for the midrange, it is very much in balance with the highs. As we all know, the bass is not that extended on the Herey, so what I did as use a Marchand XM9 xover set at 80Hz. The Heresy's, as well as my hot rod ST-70 really like this, and I use SS on the sub, where it can do what it does best.

I did not use Acoustistuff, but I do have about 6 oz. of wool in each of the cabs. I had it from another project and I figured it wouldent hurn anything. I believe that it helped the bass to be more articulate, but it could be a proud daddy seeing his son do well.9.gif