what is Ext. In Subwoofer level?

yoha

Hi folks,

My receiver has a setting for my sub called "Ext. In Subwoofer Level". The possible options for this setting is 0dB, +5dB, +10dB, and +15dB. I tried to play around with the options during music playback and i dont hear any difference in bass ouput from my sub. My manual, again, does a poor job in explaining that is the setting for.

Thanks for your insights.

Best Regards,

Yohannes

well, do you have the analog subwoofer output of a CD or DVD player connected to the subwoofer external input on your receiver? if not, then this setting doesn't apply to you.

the level of subwoofer output from different multichannel, hirez players can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. this setting on the receiver allows for some degree of control of this variable.

the ext in sub level control is for an external source...for example...some dvd players have both digital optical and six analog outputs(left, right, center, rears and sub)...if you decide to connect all six to your receivers ext inputs instead of using the digital optical....then you can use the ext in sub level to fine tune the sub...i hope this helps...and if im wrong..someone please correct me....thanks..

edit: sivadselim already answered the question...i was too slow...