OT: Is There A Doctor In The House??

fini

amy,

i have always wondered this, and since this thread is all over the place...

when you were in that wreck, does everyone's insurance say that the truck was at fault or is it a nasty chain that (in your case) the rear end of your car was not your fault but the front end (and your rear-ending the car in front of you) your fault???

boy that sounded better in my head...let me clarify. since the truck hit the line of cars and they all hit each other, are all the cars innocent and the trucker at fault(insurance wise?)

• Moderators

Thanks, everybody. I do feel very lucky 1.gif

----------------

On 12/13/2004 5:41:18 AM tankhokie wrote:

amy,

i have always wondered this, and since this thread is all over the place...

when you were in that wreck, does everyone's insurance say that the truck was at fault or is it a nasty chain that (in your case) the rear end of your car was not your fault but the front end (and your rear-ending the car in front of you) your fault???

boy that sounded better in my head...let me clarify. since the truck hit the line of cars and they all hit each other, are all the cars innocent and the trucker at fault(insurance wise?)
----------------

All the insurance companies involved in my crash collected from the insurance of the company who owned the truck that caused the accident. All my medical bills (chiropracter) went through them as well. My insurance company (nor I) had to pay anything.

I knew that this was a musical/audio thread when I saw the photo without seeing who posted it.

I immediately thought "What Child Is This"9.gif

For those that do not mind the tube MRI you usually have your choice of Music or earplugs. Take the earpluga as the music is only played louder than the MRI machine.

Amy has only posted one picture of her baby. Probably one from a picture frame. She's probably Trey just mellowing us out, knowing that we wouldn't get snippy with a Mother and her Cute Baby.

Sometimes it takes a while but we figure these things out.

Hope your back gets better quick Fini. Will keep a good thought for you.

dodger

• Moderators

----------------

On 12/13/2004 1:17:56 PM dodger wrote:

Amy has only posted one picture of her baby. Probably one from a picture frame. She's probably Trey just mellowing us out, knowing that we wouldn't get snippy with a Mother and her Cute Baby.

----------------

LOL! Great idea, dodger! Any time you guys get a little crude or insulting on the board, I'll post another baby pic.. I think it would work!

9.gif

----------------

On 12/13/2004 1:17:56 PM dodger wrote:

For those that do not mind the tube MRI you usually have your choice of Music or earplugs. Take the earpluga as the music is only played louder than the MRI machine.

----------------

Actually, at UVA they had the tube, and they gave me earplugs that had air-transmission tubes attached, and allowed me to bring in my own CD to listen to. Made the procedure go a lot smoother, as I conked out grooving to Faith No More's Album of the Year.

Martha Jefferson, OTOH, uses the open one, and I had to sit there uncomfortably just waiting for it to be over.

Whats really a bummer is sitting here with the disk that has my CT/PETscan results on it and not being able to determine heads or tails... well ok I can determine that, but the rest is just a mystery. Its really cool to play around with, amazing the technology nowadays. Unfortunately I have to wait until Thursday for the Dr. to explain it to me.

I got the radiologist's report in the mail yesterday. Boy, they use some oddball terms! For what it's worth, there's some hypertrophy of the ligamentum flavum. I assume "hypertrophy" is some sort of award?

The "flava" ligaments are those which run from the ventral (front) portion of adjaecent vertebral bodies. So, as you look at the spinal column these would be the ligaments which connect the front section of each vertebra to the one above and below. They run from the 3rd cervical (neck) vertebra down to the sacrum (tailbone). Hypertrophy simply means enlarged. Were they all hypertophied or were they more clearly defined (lumbar, thoracic, L1 to L2??).

Frankly sounds a whole lot better than herniated discs and so forth. Should be treatable with anti-inflammatories, I would think.

----------------

On 12/15/2004 5:35:25 PM fini wrote:

----------------

On 12/15/2004 10:24:51 AM J.4knee wrote:

Did he tell you what flavum it was?

----------------

No, but I'll get back to you once I lick this thing.

----------------

Perhaps a nice Chianti and some fava beans?