Promedia 4.1 low volume?

Spork

Ok, I just got a set of PM4.1's for demo to replace a pair of 2.1's and I'm not sure if there's something wrong with them or not.

The thing is, they're no -louder- than the 2.1's - where I used to go pretty much no further than 1/2 volume with the 2.1's before things got very loud, I find I can turn the 4.1's up to full volume and still want to go higher.

I ran the 2.1's with the windows volume settings at 75% but I've cranked it up to full now with the 4.1's with no major improvement!

The other thing I've noticed is that when playing dvd's thru powerdvd, the volume is also extremely low compared to the 2.1's (the matrix lobby scene before was incredible, now it's nothing special)

And finally, I read a lot of people mentioning that the back of the sub gets -very- hot, but it's only getting slightly warm on these ones.

Any ideas?

well if your sub is only getting slightly warm be thankful, that is not a good thing. As to your volume... that is weird... my v2.400's can not be turned to full blast expecially if the wave and main computer volumes are at full, my monitor goes crazy, my windows shake, my dog howls, my glass mug explodes, oh and my ears bleed.

wonder what the deal is. i am sure klipsch will help you out, email amy and she will email you back with help in like 5 minutes!

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

Iv had the original pro's for over a year now, and they used to be incredible as far as loudness. I had a Diamond Monster mx300, now I have Hercules Game Theater XP sond card,and the volume is a major issue. For one, it sounds like the tweeters are overdriven or something like that, very badly sometimes. and then in powerdvd, like you say spork, the volume is very low. I have to have windows volume up all the way and the pro's up almost all the way to have a satisfactory level of loudness. So that just goes to show you it all depends on the sound card. Maybe I can still return this one...

------------------

Join my low fiber all fat diet today and you too can be an unemployed slob!