This seller's story really sound fishy to me

mbajner

Yes, you smelled that one out!..........1. Why would someone, TRADE LaScalas for another brand (not named) speaker, 2. Long story with little substance to it.

3. The link to the picture shows a LaScala Without the Cloth. (Industry photo)...

Why is he Just now getting around to selling these.........Yep The smell it Strong!

Greetings:

Of the 2 pair of LaScalas I owned, the first was Birch Raw and came from the Factory with top to bottom Grille Cloth.

My 2nd pair had no grille cloth so I ordered and received the factory option grille that covered only the mid and tweeter.

As to why a photo with no Grille, that may be copyright Klipsch that was lifted and used without permission from Klipsch.

The person that I sold the pair with full Grille did a beautiful job finishing them and also had glass covers for the top if anyone set anything on them.

dodger

Welp, believe it or slurp it, but...

I just got off the phone with Amy at Sight And Sound By Design in Boise, Idaho. Although she wasn't able to get me any details, (her boss, who supposedly knows all the dealings with this pair of La Scalas, was gone)

she was able to confirm that they have had a pair of Black La Scalas sitting in their warehouse for some time waiting for the customer to pick them up. She sounded VERY surprised that I was calling, I told her right off the bat that I was calling from Minnesota, and she wanted to know how I knew they had these speakers. I told her about the Audiogon listing, and though she couldn't answer many questions, she said she'd have her boss call me back tomorrow with the specifics. Sounds like it's on the up and up.

p.s. I also got wind of a pair of Krell amps, model # unknown, that another dealer in Boise had taken in on trade from the wife of a doctor that had passed away. He said he was willing to let them go dirt cheap, since they aren't a brand he carries, and would call me back in a day or two with the details, hey are currently stored in an offsite warehouse. Even though I wasn't thinking of buying the La Scalas, it would work out sweet if a little footwork landed me a sweet deal on some Krells! If they're out of my league, I'll at least pass on the info to those here that may be interested. 40% off of on a new Ferrari F430 is a hell of a deal, but that still makes it a $120,000 car. His idea of "dirt cheap" may not be the same as mine.

----------------

On 12/14/2004 5:13:20 PM dodger wrote:

The person that I sold the pair with full Grille did a beautiful job finishing them and also had glass covers for the top if anyone set anything on them.

dodger

----------------

I sure did. Thanks dodger. Speaking of those LaScalas, did you ever find the paper work for them?

----------------

On 12/15/2004 3:27:21 AM Johnny dB wrote:

----------------

On 12/14/2004 5:13:20 PM dodger wrote:

dodger

----------------

I sure did. Thanks dodger. Speaking of those LaScalas, did you ever find the paper work for them?

----------------

Greetings:

Unfortunately, we had to dispose of a number of things in the basement.

But as you have Photo-copies, and some remember Hops, they can be authenticated that way, or I am a Commissioner of Deeds, and since it would be a felony to authenticate something not exact, I would have no trouble affixing my seal for Authentication.

dodger

----------------

On 12/14/2004 7:06:19 PM Champagne taste beer budget wrote:

p.s. I also got wind of a pair of Krell amps, model # unknown, that another dealer in Boise had taken in on trade from the wife of a doctor that had passed away. He said he was willing to let them go dirt cheap, since they aren't a brand he carries, and would call me back in a day or two with the details, hey are currently stored in an offsite warehouse. Even though I wasn't thinking of buying the La Scalas, it would work out sweet if a little footwork landed me a sweet deal on some Krells! If they're out of my league, I'll at least pass on the info to those here that may be interested. 40% off of on a new Ferrari F430 is a hell of a deal, but that still makes it a $120,000 car. His idea of "dirt cheap" may not be the same as mine.
----------------

Ctbb,

So were Krells "dirt cheap"? What did you find out?