"perfect " demo?

Coytee

you guys are KILLING me!! 9.gif

Ok, I just hung up the phone (after probably an hour) with Juicy Audio.. rats, I forgot to write his name down.

Anyway, MOST helpful and very nice guy...

I'm proud owner of a Peach. He told me since I don't have any vinyl that I don't need to pay for the Blueberry. He too, highly recommended the wright Mono 10's.

I told him that his Peach is going to be in my office for probably 6 MONTHS while I get to work on the basement. If the wife finds out I did this so soon after getting the K-horns, Jolida, Christmas, her birthday... (read $$$$) she's going to GIVE my stuff away to you guys, forget the yardsale 15.gif

That is of course, AFTER she moves me out to the shed and gives the 2 dogs my pillow to sleep on.

So, the next step has been taken. I ought to get the Peach in a week or so (standard finish with Rosewood bezel). After this dust settles ($$ for Jolida/K-horns and now this) I'll get to work on the Mono10's. Three of them of course, since I like the idea of the center channel...

Yep, I see my premature death unfolding before my eyes

3.gif

Perhaps I've never made known...

Here's what I envision doing

Keeping the Jolida

Keeping (if the wife lets me 2.gif ) the Peach and down road, mono 10's

I want best of both worlds.

I'll have them wired up (somehow) where I can listen to one or the other. I'll use the higher powered unit when listening at higher levels as I tinker around house.

When I want to sit down and focus and "experience" the music, I'll then switch over to the SET and kick back and relaxxxxxxxxxxx

If in the end, I blatently favor one over the other... then I'll deal accordingly with the lesser of the two.

That's the long term target I'm shooting for... best of both worlds.

Oh, it will be TRI-wired with my HT unit also. (only using 1 at time though of course) Given the setup of the room, the K-horns will have to be my rear channels and the LaScalas will be front. I talked to wifey about turning room around and reversing the planned TV side, but she's adament where she wants it. So, during HT situations, my rears will be K-horns and then when I want serious music, I'll turn chair around, turn tubes on and have 2 or 3 channel on the backside.

Best of three worlds 10.gif

You spoke with Mark Deneen.

Congratulations, on your purchase. If you're worried about your wife, start taking 2 - 3 aspirin a day so that you bruise easiliy9.gif that way when she opens a can of whupa$$ on you, you'll have the marks for a domestic violence arrest 9.gif .

I am only kidding.

But this really does prove a point, look at the number of responses, and the quality and knowledge of those responding.

If needed, you can move around, staying with one of us for a while. When she's worried enough, wipe enough dirt on you and fake amnesia. - just kidding again.

dodger

I fear that I might just be in the beginning stages of "getting it".

I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to get (other than the aforementioned can of whupa$$ from the wifey 3.gif )

I guess I'll figure more out as I get it hooked up & listen. That of course, means I gotta get my hiney into gear and get cracking on that basement, cause as long as that basement is "status quoe", not only can I NOT put my goodies together nor tell the wifey about the second round of accumulations put into motion just today, I have a dang blang table sitting smack dab in the middle of the sweet spot of the K-horns. No matter where I sit, I'm either off to the right, left, too far foward or too far back.

(awaiting for the commencement of the pity party)

1.gif

Thanks again all for your thoughts.

A great and troubling thread. To be transparent. What does that mean? It is TUNING.

We tune to minimize the faults of our speakers, amps, room, and everything else. I am guilty. I only listen to imput that makes my stuff sound great. I TUNE to achieve a great sound.

Active systems? Well yes. We all do that to some extent. Do we listen to great music that sounds like crap in our homes? I dont. I tune. The down side is that I probably miss a lot of great music because it doesnt sound good. Maybe listen to it in the car.

A recording standard be it LP or CD (that we all agreed on) would be wonderful.

Terry

----------------

On 12/16/2004 6:54:43 PM DrWho wrote:

...In fact, it seems like everyone on this forum is always talking about achieving "accuracy" in their music playback.

----------------

That's a crucial issue. Do we want a loudspeaker to reproduce everything with ruthless accuracy?

The answer is , no. When loudspeakers do this, they sound like hi-fi at it's worst.

What we want is a loudspeaker to reproduce MUSIC accurately. That's the difference between true hi-fi legends and the also rans.