HUM & KSW-100 - Will Klipsch Own-Up to it?

danny911

Hi-

I seen here a bunch of suggestions on this board about getting rid of the hum in my sub-woofer. But none of them work. First, it's not a grounding issue because the ground thong in the sub unit itself was emilimated at the factory on my unit. My house wiring checks out fine and if I reverse the polarity the sub still hums. I Even if the only wire plugged into the sub is the power cord it still hums! It's got to be the internal power supply (or whatever it's called). Has there been a recall on these? Will the Klipsch factory do a swap for the power supply - I'd be glad to do the install myself...

Thanks for any info you can shed on this issue....

Danny

------------------

Hi Danny,

I have a KSW10 subwoofer and it has had a low hum from day one. I have gone through all the possible solutions (changing the plug end, unplugging and replugging connections etc...) but it is quite clearly not a ground problem but a problem with the internal amplifier in the KSW Subwoofer range. I am afraid you might have to live with it and Klipsch should use some better amp shielding in their future range of subwoofers.

Italo