A Thank You to Edward Rex, a.k.a edwardre !

psg

This is a note of Thanks for a fellow forum member, Ed Rex. 2.gif

You guys might remember the Academy that sold on ebay for $107.50 in October:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=56023&forumID=74&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={5A506970-A5D5-4C92-B61B-740CFBB48D50}

Well, Ed was the one to buy it. I offered to take his single Heresy (that the Academy was replacing) off his hands and he accepted. Nothing too special so far... But now it gets interesting. Turns out he had paid only about $104, plus shipping, on ebay 6 months prior. He only asked for what he paid, excluding his original shipping costs, not wanting to make a profit off a forum member. Nice guy, huh? But wait, there's more. It turns out the speaker wasn't in perfect shape when he received it and he made some repairs and repainted it. But he wasn't out to even recoup those costs from a forum member. That's beyond the call of duty! So I sent him some money to cover the cost and shipping by FedEx. What he and I hadn't realised is that to get the good price from FedEx, he had to register as a user and this was a long and tedious process. Took him hours. For that, I thank you Ed!

Then Ed packed it and shipped it to my mother's house in Quebec City (I saved a bit in costs and reduced the handling a bit). My wife was driving by there on the very day it was received and I asked her to pick it up for me. She called me to say she'd have to take it out of the box and wrap it in a blanket because the box was too big. How big can a box to pack a Heresy be? Pretty big if Ed is doing the packing! She drove home and told me the big box contained all sorts of foam boards as protection around a second box, which she brought back without opening. It was double-boxed! Thanks Ed! So I open the second box and the speaker is wrapped in plastic and surrounded again by foam boards like you'd use in construction as insulation. Amazing packing job!!! Thanks so much!

So, the Heresy crossed the continent and arrived without a scratch, and it sounds great as a center speaker between my La scala's. I couldn't be happier!

So, a huge Thank You to Ed for this fantastic gesture. You really went all out and I appreciate it a great deal!

1.gif

Peter, I've been swapping notes with Ed for a few years and what you got is what he is ... A great guy. He's been a good friend and is as humble as they get.

He probably wouldn't have told you that he was with his daughter in a car wreck in February (she was fine) and broke his back in four places. He was taking her to school when a car pulled out in front of him. He was in bed for five months. He's up and around now, but for him to pack it like he did, well ... there you go.

Don't make too many men like Ed these days, if you ask me. A very classy guy, and the last guy to talk about his own issues.

On 12/23/2004 3:05:23 PM edwardre wrote:

Thank you both for the kind words though I'm sure many forum members would do the same.

Maybe, but that doesn't take away from what you did. You're a class act!

Peter - I hope the Heresy II works out for you!

Happy Holidays to one and all.......

So far, it's working out admirably! I love what it does for me on movies. 1.gif

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to you and your family as well. 2.gif