How far do YOU go?

Cal Blacksmith

----------------

On 12/24/2004 7:46:55 PM Steve_L wrote:

What were you listening too? I know if I was in that groove it would need to be some J Geils, or maybe Stones Sticky Fingers. Something with some real raunchy guitar! Maybe some Paul Butterfield East-West?

C'mon, fess up?! I at least want to know?

Oh ya, how close is your nearest neighbor? They like you? LOL?!

Rock on and Ride safe!

"<a
http://www.jgeils.com/albumcovers/fullhouse.gif" width=216 align=bottom X-SAS-UseImageWidth X-SAS-UseImageHeight>

----------------

Ok, if you must know it was Kraftwerk,

my nearest neighbor is about 100 yards away and no they do not like me (for other reasons than audio though)2.gif

Always ride safe, you never know what the cages will do next!2.gif

Had the Corns up to 126, but you could hear the Yammie start to distort and didn't want to hurt my babies. Usually 80-90 is nice, 100 or so for peaks on movies. ALWAYS EAR protection with any power tool, lawn mower, chain saw, etc. Even wear a single at concerts (switch ears mid concert so each ear only gets blasted 50% of the night-seems to help with the noise hangover the next day)

I buy E.A.R. tapered foam earplugs in industrial boxes of 100 pairs from Lab Safety Supply. They are very inexpensive this way and I throw a handful in the barn and each tool box and have plenty for racetrack or just to hand to friends.

EDIT- oh yeah, 4000 square foot ranch home in the middle of 2 acres in the city. Neighbors don't care. Where I used to live in country was Amish and old folks. Elderly couldn't hear me, Amish had no phone to call the cops! woohhhooo

Michael

I had my digital sound level meter set at 'A' weighting, fast response mode, with the 'max hold' function on. My maximum reading was, in fact, 115.3 db, with my Jolida SJ-302A running close to maximum output. I could just hear the amplifier's sound starting to thicken a little before I backed off.

I used Samual Barber's 'Adagio fo Strings' recorded on Telarc Digital by Leonard Slatkin and the Saint Louis Symphony Orchestra. The reason I chose this music was because if I used bass rich music, I was concerned I would overload something - like my ears!

I live on a 3/4 acre bush block of land. My neighbors aren't very close at all.

----------------

On 12/23/2004 11:01:35 AM Daddy Dee wrote:

What Chris has posted describes my preferences pretty well.

Used to DJ school dances in the 70's and early 80's which was alot of fun. I'd be cranking the tunes thinking, "Wow, I'm getting paid to do what I'd be doing anyway on Friday night... listening to really loud music."

Now, I still enjoy music, but at moderate volumes.

----------------

Daddy Dee, man you guys were the best, I can still picture my self breakin to Mr. Roboto. Ahh, good ol school gyms, they would plain ROCK.3.gif9.gif10.gif