Christmas Crossover Giveaway

Deang

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Dean. I feel very fortunate to have guessed the winning number. I don't post very much but

I read the Forum daily. Your crossover work looks excellent. You are very philanthrophic in your crossover offering.

My adopted stray cat one eyed Jack (blind in his right eye) woke me up early in the morning. I got up to let him out and got on the Klipsch Forum while he was outside using the bathroom. I was thinking of the needle some Forum members give you for listening to Mudvayne & Chevelle. The movie Spinal Tap & the volume control settings on their guitar amps for some reason came into my head. I don't remember if number 11 was the actual highest volume setting on their amps. But that was my recollection.

I welcome your expertise and guidance in replacing the type B networks in the 1977 Cornwalls.

Thank you very much-mucho gracias.

Regards, Mike

Haha, that was a funny movie!

"The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and..."

"Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?"

"Exactly."

"Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?"

"Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not 10. You see, most blokes are going to be playing at 10 - you're on 10 on your guitar, where can you go from there? Where?"

"I don't know."

"Nowhere! Exactly! What we do, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?"

"You put it up to 11."

"Eleven. Exactly. One louder."

"Why don't you just make 10 louder, and make 10 be the top number, and make that a little louder?"

(pause)

"These go to 11..."

Ahaha. That part cracked me up.

Merry Christmas, Dean. That was nice thing you did. BTW I read it as you are intending to build more of those x-overs? That prototype looks like a good option for my 86 Klipschhorns. Still considering what to do with them... keep when I order my new one's or sell them. If I keep 'em, I'll upgrade the x-crossovers from the AK-2 in there now.