Bi Wire

chinoloco

Hey gang,

I know that cables and bi-wiring can be a sore spot on the BB and the debate rages on, but I liked the results from my bi-wired center channel.

I bought monster z series from good guys because it was local and easy. NO need for shipping and waiting. However, I do hate the idea of paying for Monster's incredible marketing machine ( I mean they are the BOSE of cables ) and was looking for alternatives that the gang can recommend. I live in the Bay Area so I like to pick up instead of ordering online if possible, but of course, if you have a source on the net for bi wire cabling at a great price, I am interested.

Help!

chinoloco

Chinoloco,

For what it's worth, I still see no purpose in "bi-wiring" outside of reduceing the resistance of your wire run. That can be done quite easily by going to a heavier gauge of wire. If anything bi-wiring could double your chances of picking up radio frequency interferance and/or electrical noise. It's pretty hard to confuse those electrons, they seem to know where to go.

As an opinion only, try bi or tri-amping your setup with adjustable delay active crossovers. It is a little pricey and can be difficult to setup but it is the best bang for your buck.

Jim

1.gif