My Heritage Collection!

neo33

----------------

On 12/25/2004 4:35:05 PM neo33 wrote:

3 Pairs of Cornwall I.

2 Pairs of Forte I.

3 Pairs of Heresy I.

In need of Belles, La Scalas and KHorns to complete my collection.

I am flat broke! Donations are excepted and appreciated. Please PM me.

----------------

Neo. It is now time. I think you're ready. 12.gif

You need to move into big-time Heritage. I mean the mighty Klipschorns.

In order to do this, you're going to have to sell some stuff. Sell two pairs of Cornwalls and keep your favourite pair. Sell one pair of Fortes and keep your favourite pair. Sell two pairs of Heresys and keep your favourite pair.

That should raise enough cash to buy a decent pair of Klipschorns. You will need to wait of course until you get enough money to buy La Scalas and Belles to complete your collection. Maybe you could consolidate your home theatre stuff too. Sell some and focus on a pure Heritage home theatre system. In that way you could afford your La Scala and Belles... maybe.

2.gif

You guys don't understand. I have a job but I don't make enough to spend on speakers. And I can't sell any of my heritage.

One pair of Cornwall is used in my main 2-channel system. The other two pairs of Cornwall are used in my new all-heritage home theatre system I am currently building. One pair of Forte and Heresy are used in my backup 2-channel system. Another pair of Heresy is also used in my new home theatre system. The last pair of Forte and Heresy are used in my 2-channel system down here in OC where I am currently working two jobs 8.gif.

So I can't sell any of my heritage and even with two jobs, I don't have enough money to buy KHorns since I am incurring additional expense living in OC (it's expensive as hell living down here) 7.gif.

Well, that throws a completely different light on things, Neo. I 've got the same problem, big ideas but limited budget. How do you achieve the impossible on the improbable?

I would say you can't do it without increasing your income somehow, or resorting to personal loans or other skullduggery.

If you really must upgarde your Heritage collection, then something has to go. You'll have to compromise your sound in one of your systems.

14.gif

Hey, Neo, you're up late. Or early as the case may be in your time zone. It's 7.20pm here in Australia.

Neo:

This is dodger. You know that I won't give you grief.

At one point you say that you have a job. Another you say 2 jobs.

So I have 2 pair of Coornwall IIs, 1 pair of heresys. I can't help in donating.

What would be helpful to you is tell us what you do and how many hours per week that you work. I believe OC means Orange County. Am I correct?

We all work within budgets. We can't have all of what we want. So either you need too follow EdwinR's advice or find a very sympathetic reasoning.

Good Luck,

dodger

dodger, I am a programmer by day and a photographer by night and weekend. Come to think of it, doesn't matter how much you make, you'll just never make enough to spend on audio gears. It's an expensive hobby and it is addictive more then heroin! 14.gif.

BTW, what you doing up so late, dodger? 2.gif.

Yeah, Win. What are YOU doing up so late?

Neo, I somehow pictured you as being involved with computers someway or other. And a photographer! Excellent. I work in a similar line of work to Win. You obviously stretch yourself to get what you want. Hi-fi IS an expensive hobby, but when you look at the satisfaction it brings to you, friends and family, it's an expense I'm happy to bear. Keep partying, Neo. Hope the new year brings you happiness and maybe some more heritage to add to your collection. 1.gif

----------------

On 12/26/2004 3:37:23 AM neo33 wrote:

dodger, I am a programmer by day and a photographer by night and weekend. Come to think of it, doesn't matter how much you make, you'll just never make enough to spend on audio gears. It's an expensive hobby and it is addictive more then heroin!
14.gif

BTW, what you doing up so late, dodger?
2.gif

----------------

Neo:

You are very correct. Orange County is one of the most expensive areas. If I hear of anything I'll PM you.

Will also help EdwinR find a set.

It's only 03:54 Hours here now.

Good Luck Neo,

dodger

----------------

On 12/25/2004 4:35:05 PM neo33 wrote:

3 Pairs of Cornwall I.

2 Pairs of Forte I.

3 Pairs of Heresy I.

In need of Belles, La Scalas and KHorns to complete my collection.

I am flat broke! Donations are excepted and appreciated. Please PM me.

----------------

sell them, and go racing2.gif

You can't possibly need all those systems. Settle for 1 good 2-channel system and 1 HT that can also be utilized as 2-channel. That way you can sell off enough speakers and other gear to have 1 REALLY, REALLY good 2-channel system.

Either that or move to a more inexpensive area! I doubt you'll get much sympathy around here from those who are after the same things and many who don't have anywhere near the amount of stuff you already have.2.gif There's also something to be said for being thankful for what you DO have. You're a lucky man.