RF-15 OR RF-25

Jennifer1

Hi.

If you've already purchased the RF-15, then don't beat yourself because you may or may not have made the wrong decision. There's always something bigger and better out there. The RF-15 is a pretty good speaker for the money. If you wanted a more extended bass response, why not consider a sub? If you were thinking about trading your RF-15's in on the RF-25, I probably wouldn't do it. Think bigger and better than that - like the upper part of the Reference range as a future upgrade.

Hi Jennifer and welcome to the Forum! Congrats on your Reference purchase. I don't have experience with these exact models but looking at response and efficiency specs, I see hardly any difference between these models. Are you happy with the sound of your RF15's? If not, what problems do you notice? Room placement can also make a difference, so you might experiement with distance from corners of room or from back wall.

If you are using them for Home Theatre (HT), I'd highly recommend getting a subwoofer. Even those of us with the HUGE Klipsch speakers still use a sub.

Michael

thank you. You are right. I love my speaker but they do sound very bright, which I like because I chose Klipsch in the first place and not paradigm...eheh a lot of people dont like the bright side of Klipsch..ehehe

I will go get a sub but according to the website they match a RW-8, but some people say it's not big enough, what would you say?

thanks again!

I'd say sub choice depends on how far you want to go eventually. If you're happy with 15's and envision a similar center and back speakers for your HT, then the RW8 is probably fine. If you see the 15's eventually moving to the surround position, with say RB35's as your new fronts, I'd go ahead and get more sub now. Always purchase with thoughts toward the NEXT system, because once this audio thing gets hold of you, there will always be room for improvement.

I have KSW12 with my Cornwalls and am very satisfied with it. If you have a small home or apartment, you don't need 1500 watts and 15" sub.

Michael

When I was trying to decide on surround speakers, I listened to RB-15's, RB-25's and RB-35's. Although the bookshelf models sound different that the floor standing models, there are some similar differences between the models. What I observed (and your mileage may vary):

1. RB-15 - Definitely bass shy and a bit bright

2. RB-25 - a wonderfully clear midrange and bass is tight, albeit a bit shy.

3. RB-35 - more bass but at the expense of a slight fog (others don't hear this like I do) in the midrange. Sometimes a bit thick in the lower midrange and/or upper bass

So, in my case, I preferred the RB-25's (I also have a subwoofer) because I preferred the midrange.

You should listen carefully to both RF-25's and RF-35's WITH YOUR OWN MUSIC THAT YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH and choose the model that you prefer.