Sony or Pioneer Receiver Suggestions?

djmode

First, let me just say this forum is awesome. I could easily kill an entire afternoon sorting through all the different posts, but unfortunately that kind of productivity tends to tick the boss off, so I apologize if similar questions have already been answered somewhere.

We are setting up a new home theatre in our basement and have the following speakers to work with:

Fronts: Klipsch RF-35s

Center: Klipsch RC-35

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-35s

All of this will enhance a BenQ PE7800 Projector and 92" Screen.

My question to you all is how can I realistically power this for a few years without breaking the bank? From reading some of MrMcGoo's posts, I won't skimp on the sub and will probably go with an RSW-12. But as far as the receiver goes, I was thinking of either a Sony STR-DA5000ES or a Pioneer Elite 56-TXi. Eventually I'd like to upgrade to a 7.1 setup with Parasound equipment, but for now would one of these receivers do the job? And does anyone have a preference of one over the other? Thanks for your comments and suggestions...

I've got a 55TXi and I like it real well. The Pioneers have a nice automated set-up feature that makes your initial set-up a breeze. Their 5-band EQ is cool, too. They are very neutral sounding; super clean, maybe even a touch dry. Of course, I am still a bit of a Sony fan, so I couldn't trash the 5000ES at all, but the Pioneer probably gives you a little more for the money, even though it ~may~ take a back seat in build quality.

55TXi is nice. My friends father just got it and I was playing with it for a few hours. Sad part is he had it hooked up to his new bose system. I tired to hard to talk him out of it, but I only new about it after he bought it. He wanted something small and cute and even though I recommended the RSX's he retained the bose. So as far as SQ out of the 55TXi - I hardly saw its true potential, lol.