WANTED: Klipschorns

howard

I'm looking for a good pair of older Klipschorns--preferably around the

late 1970's model. Would be willing to drive a ways to get them. I live in

Sacramento. If anyone knows of a pair for sale, please tell me. And if you have

any particular suggestions about which ones to buy, I welcome them as well. I currently

have a pair of 1977 La Scala's, and am looking for something that will not only play

my SET amp well, but accommodate my wife's penchant for rock.

I can be reached directly at howardparr@hotmail.com

Thank you very much.

Howard,

They certainly come up here in Northern CA. In fact, I got my pair of '77 KB-WOs in Granite Bay from a real nice lady who's (exceptionally nice) Daddy bought them for her as a graduation present (back when they were new, of course). He bought a pair for his son as well. The son played the crap out of his pair, and she babied hers, only putting an estimated 50 hours on them. I'm still thrilled, having gotten them for just under 2K. Check eBay and Craigslist. Good luck!

Any vintage will sound good. Many here (like myself) seem to have been stuck with '76s15.gif. Yeah, it's tough, I know. When buying older khorns you're sure to find improvement with updated crossovers made by any one of the crossover gurus here on the forum as they drift out of spec over the years. Good luck with your search!

----------------

On 12/28/2004 10:13:05 AM garymd wrote:

Any vintage will sound good. Many here (like myself) seem to have been stuck with '76s
15.gif
. Yeah, it's tough, I know. When buying older khorns you're sure to find improvement with updated crossovers made by any one of the crossover gurus here on the forum as they drift out of spec over the years. Good luck with your search!

----------------

LOL!! Yeah, we all know how you suffer so. 2.gif

Patience is the key, I think, and blind/dumb luck. As long as you have your eyes and ears open a pair that you'll love will come along.

Forrest

Thanks for all of the input, and the encouragement. My wife and I are really wanting a pair of the K-horns, at which point we'll likely sell our La Scala's.

Fini,

Granite Bay, huh? My sister lives there, so I'll tell her to keep her eyes peeled for a pair. I need such a great find. I'll keep looking. I'm willing to drive anywhere in the state, and even to neighboring states, but I'm a little wary about getting a pair shipped across the country, which would also be rather costly.

I really appreciate all of the input. Thank you.

Originally looking for 1700.00 OBO but I am now having them veneered in teak since no one liked the factory white finish. I will be looking to recoup only my cost for forum members. If no one here wants them I will put them on ebay. I have pictures on Audiogon now but since I have never sold there my rating is zero. That seems to scare anyone off who would have to have these shipped and could not see them in person. There are 2 forum members that live close to me that have seen and heard these. Once complete in teak they are going to look sharp. I just have no room for two sets.

Hi Dylan,

Howard here. I spoke with your Dad about those Khorns, and I thought he was going to get me shipping figures. He mentioned the veneer, but didn't say anything about the price going up because of it. If he/you happen to get shipping costs to 95814, I'd be curious to know. Thank you very much.

I have a pair of vintage 1886 Klipsch Corner horns for sale. They are finished in the natuaral oak finish. They have been very well cared for and rarely used the last few years. I hate to part with them but need to downsize on speakers. I am thinking of replacing the corner horns with the Klipsch Reference RF-7 or RF-5's. I am asking $2,500.00 for the pair but will negotiate on the price or consider trading for the RF-7's. I live in Chicago Il.