Dvd Review:barry Manilow...live

roy

well here I am again back with another review of a music dvd. This one is surely a great collectors item if you are a Barry Manilow fan like I am. It has excellent video and audio quality for a dts sound track done in only dts 4.0..at least it says it is anyway but it certainly sounded more like a 5.1 dts to me but oh well. This dvd has great mixing by the producers and engineers too...it definitely has a live lifelike quality to it...and the more i watch it the more i see why manilow truly DOES WRITE THE SONGS! He really shows his showmanship on this dvd and sings almost all of his greatest songs too! His voice shows some signs of wear in some songs but for the most part he sounds as good as he did when i was a teenager back in the early 70s! I recommend this dvd whole heartedly if you love his music because in my opinion it does him justice......also there are some wonderfully touching moments in this concert and the bass is tight and he even brought a full orchestra with him on this tour that i believe was done 2 yrs ago if i am ot mistaken....he does a tribute to sinatra too with that big band sound behind him around the middle of the dvd that you will love if you like that big band sound!! enjoy!!! its definitely a B+ on my scale!

------------------

my equipment:

klipsch rf-3 (main)

klipsch center ch speaker

boston acoustics (rear)

mirage ss-1500 subwoofer

yamaha 795 receiver driving center and rears parasound hca-1500 amp

driving rf-3s

mirage subwoofer 1500 watts!

sony 650 dvd/cd player

sony minidisc/cd player combo

panasonic hifi vcr

waiting to see what new reference line will sound like in 2001!!