Godsmack - Changes (DTS DVD)

Joe Shmoe

WOW! Excellent DVD! This is really the first DVD I have listened to in DTS & I gotta say, pretty good! The seperation really stuck out, at first I thought I had a problem with one speaker because some of the guitar was only coming out of one side...

This was recorded on the "Faceless" tour. Just a really cool concert, reminds me of when I saw them last year with Metallica. Shannon Larkin is just an awesome drummer, as is Sully Erna the lead vocalist. Together on two different drum kits, they perform "Batalla De Los Tambores" Definitley something you want to see! There's over an hour of live footage, that includes most of their hits: Straight out of line, Awake, Faceless, Bad Religion, Moon Baby, Changes, Re-Align, Serenity, Keep Away, Voodoo, Whatever, I stand Alone.

changes.jpg

The live concert footage was done "the right way" IMHO. It was shot with 14 cameras in high definition, 16:9 format. Audio options include 5.1 DTS, 5.1 Multi-Channel, and Stereo/SRS Circle Surround.

Highly Recommended!

I too have this DVD and also recomend it. Has a high quality DTS soundtrack. I think my son and I have watched Batalla De Los Tambores at least 100 times, as he is an aspiring drummer. I have always been a fan of Shannon Larkin and since he has joined GS the band kicks butt and this DVD shows it.

JM

Man I didn't know about this one, and I listened to Facless on the way to work this morning. I bought one of their other dvds, Godsmack Live, and it really sucked. Audio was so terrible I sold it to a buddy who doesn't have a system. FWIW though Godsmack has put on one of the best live shows I've ever seen; they really bring the energy. I'll definitely have to check this one out.

• 1 month later...

Just listened to this today at obscene sound levels...lol had to show it to my cousin... I swear I get a woody everytime I hear/watch the drum solo. Just thought I would dig this post out again & see if anyone else has bought this & get their comments...?