Led Zepplin - Stairway to heaven BACKWARDS WEIRD!!!

Jay481985

Stairway to Heaven and a few other songs backwards can be also found at this website: http://www2.memlane.com/jmilner/stairwaybackwards.htm

I've actually reversed the song myself - and it comes out the same way (with the 'satanic messages')

There are many other songs from other artists with strange hidden 'messages' as well.

Of course the majority of these are probably coincidence.

But Stairway to Heaven strikes me as particularly odd - because it isn't a word or two - it's like, an entire passage.

- Steven

I always have brought this up to people.

We used to play the stairway to heaven record backwards with the eraser side of a pencil.

I think they recorded little bits of sections of lyrics they wrote, then played the tracks backwards to see what they would come up with.

I know it's not backwards masking.

IMO, it makes some sense, because the lyrics to "Stairway to Heaven make no sense at all.

If I recall they made the album or whatever in Page's castle, which was Allister Crowley's old place. A black Magician from around the late '40's or '50's? somethin' like that. I do know that God rejected him.

Who knows.

I wish it would snow........

I can attest to STH having this stuff in it and several others. When I was in college we mastered the art of reversing the hubs of cassettes so they would play backwards. A Queen song implored you to "Smoke Marijuana". Can't remember which one.

I think we just pryed open the cassette (or unscewed it, usually taped from a record) and switched the reels around without "flippiing" it. It would pretty much ruin part of the tape where it folded over, but the rest of it played backwards quite nicely. I wouldn't use this method on any tape deck you care about. :)