Led Zepplin - Stairway to heaven BACKWARDS WEIRD!!!

Jay481985

----------------

On 1/4/2005 11:05:03 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

Oh yea, that always fascinated me when I was younger... The Beatles, The Eagles, Def Leppard, Then Petra even came out with something saying "why are you looking for the devil, when you should be looking for the Lord"... Crazy stuff.

----------------

FYI..Do you know that the lead singer for Petra was the lead singer for Head East? Also, a member of Deep Purple played with them at the time. Early '80'. Good musicians for a Christian band IMHO. Many have a great message, but just cant play.

Regards,

Terry

----------------

On 1/4/2005 9:16:27 PM jt1stcav wrote:

I'd rather just listen to the song playing normally...don't care about any hidden messages when played backwards.
7.gif

----------------

Jim, I will take it a step further. I listen to music. If I want lyrics; I will buy a book of poetry.2.gif

Terry

I have sometimes wondered if (christian) spiritual music is the bane of major label promoters. Imagine a label-owner looking at thousands of raised hands and doing the math. I have also read/heard of some so-called well-known Christian musicians living a lifestyle contrary to basic bible teachings. I would rather agree that fame is one of the most dangerous nemeses of the soul, regardless of your religious persuasion, and if your pockets are filled, you will follow the trail.

I always thought Christian Rock was one of the most ridiculous ideas ever. Somehow I doubt God is banging his head to the righteous clamor of Stryper. Almost as ridiculous as Pat Boone covering Black Sabbath songs, possibly the only thing MORE inane than Christian Rock.

I think you all are nuts. I played my copy of STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN backwards and here's exactly what I heard distinctly with Robert Plant's voice

"Green acres is the place for me.

Farm livin' is the life for me.

Land spreadin' out so far and wide.

Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.

I get allergic smelling hay.

I just adore a penthouse view.

Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.

...The stores.

...Fresh air.

...Times Square

You are my wife.

Good bye, city life.

Green Acres we are there

boing boing!

9.gif

• Like 1

Terry, help me out with this one:

"FYI..Do you know that the lead singer for Petra was the lead singer for Head East? Also, a member of Deep Purple played with them at the time. "

I'm a HUGE Deep Purple fan and can't recall this connection?

Steve Morse (current lead guitar DP) was with Dixie Dregs. Is that who you're thinking of?

----------------

On 1/10/2005 10:01:12 AM dgb wrote:

I always thought Christian Rock was one of the most ridiculous ideas ever. Somehow I doubt God is banging his head to the righteous clamor of Stryper. Almost as ridiculous as Pat Boone covering Black Sabbath songs, possibly the only thing MORE inane than Christian Rock.

----------------

I agree with most of what you say. Music is music. Stryper was/is a joke no matter how you look at it. I tend to listen to well recorded music performed by qualified musicians. I rarely listen to the words. Again, for "words", I read.

TC